View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-10-2006, 10:21 PM
How was your border collie able to get the better of a rottie? Was it a puppy?
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 10:24 PM
no it wasnt a puppy,as with all collies they use there heads to defend themselfes and this is what he did he ramed the dog in the side and kept doing it till the other dog had,had enougth
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Aww Jen just caught this. Glad he's okay but, what a fright for you both. Sending hugs.

Kath XX
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover View Post
no it wasnt a puppy,as with all collies they use there heads to defend themselfes and this is what he did he ramed the dog in the side and kept doing it till the other dog had,had enougth
Well done then Shilo, and pleased he wasn't hurt
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Bluemerle lover , you did the right thing by letting Shiloh off. I would do exactly the same. Imagine trying to fight off a Rottie and getting seriously bitten or worse ! Well done and I'm glad you are both ok. The guy probably knows that his dog is aggressive and can't walk it where he stays. That will be why he goes out to the country to give it a good run. Probably once a week (poor dog). He is not fit to own a dog .
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 01:55 AM
That must have been so scary for you! Poor Shiloh, I hope he's not too shaken up. I'm glad he was able to defend himself. I think you did the right thing letting him off and giving him that chance. Neither of them was seriously hurt so don't worry that you did the wrong thing You didn't!
Is this the same man who you told to get a muzzle for his dog the other day?
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Im sorry if some of you think that i did wrong by letting shiloh of lead to defend himself i had no other choice.
The dog came from no where its owner wasnt with it.
I tried my hardset to deter this dog from getting at shiloh.
But the dog was not having any of it.
It just kept coming and coming no matter what i did shiloh was still on lead when it was attcking him i shouted,screamed waved hands but nothing worked.
If there was any way i could of prevented anything happening dont you think i would of.
I do not like dog fighting at all its cruel.
My dogs are not nasty shiloh had every right to defend himself from another dog who had high intentions of wanting to fight.
No one wants to see there dogs fight,it was over within minutes no harm was done to either dog.
shiloh went for his usuall walk this morning met loads of dogs on and of lead and they all played lovely together.
So please dont judge me for doing what i thought was right at the time of the incident.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover View Post
Im sorry if some of you think that i did wrong by letting shiloh of lead to defend himself i had no other choice.
The dog came from no where its owner wasnt with it.
I tried my hardset to deter this dog from getting at shiloh.
But the dog was not having any of it.
It just kept coming and coming no matter what i did shiloh was still on lead when it was attcking him i shouted,screamed waved hands but nothing worked.
If there was any way i could of prevented anything happening dont you think i would of.
I do not like dog fighting at all its cruel.
My dogs are not nasty shiloh had every right to defend himself from another dog who had high intentions of wanting to fight.
No one wants to see there dogs fight,it was over within minutes no harm was done to either dog.
shiloh went for his usuall walk this morning met loads of dogs on and of lead and they all played lovely together.
So please dont judge me for doing what i thought was right at the time of the incident.
Sorry if you think that Jen I certainly don't think you did wrong none of us really knows what we would do in the situation you were in I certainly wouldn't and sounds to me like you took the right route.I could be totally wrong about Ollie as have never been in this situation but I think he would take flight,but I could be wrong I hope I am never in a situation to find out it took a lot of courage to do what you did.xxx.
If I am ever in that situation I hope I have the courage to deal with it as you did.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 11:48 AM
hi Jen

at the end of the day the owner wasnt any where near his dog as far as I read it so you did what you had to - however in saying that if the owner had been there you might not have had to let shiloh offlead - know that i wouldnt let bruno off but only cos he would end it and I would end up getting blamed cos he is a staffie.

So I am certainly not judging you - you did what you did - inmstincts and all that shiloh hads a right to defend himself - who knows what could have happened if u hadnt let him off -.

did you manage to speak to the owner at all - I havent read the other thread all the way through ??
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Jen you definately did the right thing for Shiloh's sake and your own.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >