Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
no...dont want one where my dogs can see it!!!!!
They are highly motivated Athletes. i will read it safely in a shop or libary!!!!! ...cant risk upsetting my babies!!!!!
might make them calm submissive
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Just got very offended at the use of "someone on here" meaning "me" that was getting used, Gnasher also does this cos she knows it winds me up, if ive said something QUOTE it, then dismissing it & on the other hand telling me i wont listen & implying i am biased/blind & stupid & know nothing about dogs because i disagree with her!!!!!!
I know Sarah from elsewhere and fwiw hun she did`nt mean it `that way`, she`s very nice and talks straight, perhaps things just just got a little heated through misinterpretation on both sides so I hope you can both put it behind you as a little glitch
Besides, it will be easier to help her see what`s up with CM from a non-antagonistic position, she is open to listening, at least I`ve always found her to be
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Trouble, that letter was really good - well done for finding it!

Patch, thanks hun. I don't like to upset anyone and that was never my intention. I honestly was not aware that I said anything offensive and obviously don't know what winds people up because I have very recently joined the forum.

Mishflynn, please accept my apologies if I offended you, I didn't mean to.
Skyespirit86
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-04-2008, 07:58 PM
ITs how he touches the dogs, how he pats ,smooths them as ive said before this morning, its all from the last few clips. It looks "novicey" & unconfident, & TBH that suprises me, because if hes so confident in dealing with "problem" dogs, then why does he look so uncomftable just "being" with them?
Well, all I can say is, there just HAS to be something biased or misunderstood about how you see him. This guy when he was a child actually rejected humans up to a point, prefering to spend time with the farm dogs. He now has his own pack of like 30 dogs, maybe more, including pit bulls, rottweilers, and little chinese crested- all who trot along after him, who he has devoted his life to.
How can you say he is uncomfortable with them?! They're the one being he is MOST comfortable with. He just isn't being emotional with them because he has to be strong to lead them.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Skyespirit86 View Post
Well, all I can say is, there just HAS to be something biased or misunderstood about how you see him. This guy when he was a child actually rejected humans up to a point, prefering to spend time with the farm dogs. He now has his own pack of like 30 dogs, maybe more, including pit bulls, rottweilers, and little chinese crested- all who trot along after him, who he has devoted his life to.
How can you say he is uncomfortable with them?! They're the one being he is MOST comfortable with. He just isn't being emotional with them because he has to be strong to lead them.
Well I'm pro CM and think there was something very weird about that clip, the way he was patting the dog on the head looked a bit freaky and not at all natural. So I can understand why people questioned it.
Doesn't mean I think he was uncomfortable, but it looked weird.
Skyespirit86
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I have a genuine piece of advice towards some of you anti-CM people on this thread- I'm not being nasty...but why not buy or rent his book, I think his second one is better because he explains the energy thing better, and tells you how to deal with specific situations and why, in the back.
If you read this I am sure you will be able to understand what he doing on telly more,and I feel this would put you in better stead to make an arguement against him and maybe you'll start to see him the way I feel he actually is- you'll understand his thinking... because you obviously glaze over when he explains himself on TV due to your being too upset. Right now, you are simply reacting in a shocked and emotional way, with people frequently trawling the internet to try and find clips of him being 'barbaric.' It's kind of immature and desperate.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 08:09 PM

He was strangling a cross breed in the last show i saw-plus he kept calling it a GSD(which it wasn't)

This man would be a joke if he wasn't such a media star. He doesn't know the difference between a Dingo(Aussie Feral dog) & an Australian Cattle dog !!!!!

I've watched loads of his programs & seen DVDs , books etc etc etc(sent by a friend in the States) if you watch with the sound off you can see the dogs close down & become automaton like-not wagging their tails, being subserviant(especially the working breeds).

I was disgusted when he & his sheep herding friend let a Rottie chase the sheep, then say he's working them ! Yer right a good shepherd wants his sheep running at top speed pushed to the point of collapse plus the Rottie kept trying to grab the ewes

What about him waiting a month before taking the Chinese crested from a rescue to a vet ? He tried to force it to walk & swim & mix with his dogs, the poor thing was almost blind, had a severe neurological disorder & died shortly after being returned to the rescue as he failed to "cure"it. Any normal person's first port of call would have been the vet-not CM he knew better.
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post

He was strangling a cross breed in the last show i saw-plus he kept calling it a GSD(which it wasn't)

This man would be a joke if he wasn't such a media star. He doesn't know the difference between a Dingo(Aussie Feral dog) & an Australian Cattle dog !!!!!

I've watched loads of his programs & seen DVDs , books etc etc etc(sent by a friend in the States) if you watch with the sound off you can see the dogs close down & become automaton like-not wagging their tails, being subserviant(especially the working breeds).

I was disgusted when he & his sheep herding friend let a Rottie chase the sheep, then say he's working them ! Yer right a good shepherd wants his sheep running at top speed pushed to the point of collapse plus the Rottie kept trying to grab the ewes

What about him waiting a month before taking the Chinese crested from a rescue to a vet ? He tried to force it to walk & swim & mix with his dogs, the poor thing was almost blind, had a severe neurological disorder & died shortly after being returned to the rescue as he failed to "cure"it. Any normal person's first port of call would have been the vet-not CM he knew better.
where does it say it was returned to the rescue
Skyespirit86
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I know Ive said a lot, and don't want to become a bore. Just wanted to add that I wouldn't be such a fan of him if I didn't truly feel and understand what he is saying. I have experienced communication using energy with a horse, as well as my own dog, and found it humbling, and also a bit sad, because I realise that very few animals out there will ever be noticed in a such a way, even though in their world they are giving out quite clear signals. I'm alwayslearning, and when I first started trying to be calm assertive I was still a bit frustrated, forever nagging my dog, and interpreting her every move as disobedient, and 'dominant.' I am getting better now. I am a 21 year old animal care student, and I have a lurcher who is half German Shepherd. She is very testing, quick, intelligent, cheeky, and has always been virtually untrainable due to her hyperactivity. Training techniques left me feeling worn out and like a complete mug. I have now 'mastered the walk,' and I am astounded how she just trots by my side, when before I was continually offering treats and doing the stop, wait for her to come back to you thing...with no results. She just learnt to pull, stop, walk backward, then turn around and continue pulling.
Anyway today, for the first time I walked all the way to the local woods with her on a loose lead, she didn't even go for a poo or a wee until I stopped and let her. She stopped the sniffing and pulling and just focussed. When I let her off the lead she had an intital run round to let off steam, but when I said 'wait,' when we reached the style into the next field she actually stopped, sat down, ears back and looked at me. I easily took her collar and she let me go over the style first. I felt like singing out loud!! It was the best moment- she actually stopped the loony behavior, just like I always knew she could if she wanted, and looked at me with respect!! I've taught her wait before using treats, and praise but she wouldn't do it. Some people would say 'she doesn't understand,' but I can see in her eyes she does. And today was proof, that training only works if your dog is receptive to you and respect doesn't come by offering treats, it takes the energy of a leader, an alpha. She responded to 'wait' again when it was time to walk home, and I clipped on her lead easily and off we walked with her at my side. This evening she keeps looking at me with this 'thankyou,' look in her eyes, like 'hey, maybe some humans really DO understand...' like she felt she has someone in her world with her now.
Now, maybe a lot of people have naturally biddable, or shy dogs that do not have a lot of interest in leaving their side when off lead. I know a friend who has collie crosses. They've always been sweet and submissive and it made the owner feel very confident and like she could control any dog. She was always telling me what I was doing wrong, telling me I wasn't strict enough, etc which I found very condescending and assuming. Like it was all my fault! The truth is I had one very difficult dog, she was my first dog, and I had really tried to train her using techniques from training books, and online. I'm not stupid and I am sure I had done them right. Now our friend has just adopted a new puppy- a lurcher. And she is having exactly the same problems I have had- loony behaviour, endless energy, nipping, barking, running off....And I think she has come to realise all dogs aren't as easy as her little collie crosses, or the sweet springers she knows next door to her. Notice how what breed people own often affects their view dominance. Owners of border collies or poodles who can be excitable but obedient think it's cruel, but owners of malamutes, German Shepherds for example are more in favour of it (obviously I am generalising, I know there are vast variations within a breed). The fact is, all dogs respond to Cesar's way, but because owners of easy dogs have not owned a dog like the one someone else is having trouble with, like he one who was aggressive in the clip for instance, they imagine that dog as being as innocent as theirs, as though Cesar is storming in there and just unecessarily abusing it.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 08:49 PM
I have a genuine piece of advice towards some of you anti-CM people on this thread- I'm not being nasty...but why not buy or rent his book, I think his second one is better because he explains the energy thing better, and tells you how to deal with specific situations and why, in the back.
If you read this I am sure you will be able to understand what he doing on telly more,and I feel this would put you in better stead to make an arguement against him and maybe you'll start to see him the way I feel he actually is- you'll understand his thinking... because you obviously glaze over when he explains himself on TV due to your being too upset. Right now, you are simply reacting in a shocked and emotional way, with people frequently trawling the internet to try and find clips of him being 'barbaric.' It's kind of immature and desperate.
Actions speak louder than words - his actions and the body language of the dogs speak volumes
Those of us who are very experienced in reading canine signals would not be shocked at what he does if he was not doing things so appallingly...
Page 67 of 102 « First < 17 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 > Last »