View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 06:33 PM
I think this is only fair on a dog loving forum.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 06:45 PM
excellent. Thankyou azz
MississippiRick
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
How true & how sad
And please remember the dogs that WE rely on for OUR protection.........thank you
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by MississippiRick View Post
And please remember the dogs that WE rely on for OUR protection.........thank you
.....eh?
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 01:33 AM
Wow you guys are a lot more sensitive then forum chatters in the US forums when it comes to cruelty.

I think that many of the vids that adam posts are a bit disturbing to say the least (sorry I defended him when I first got here, I was new & thought at first that he was just one of those ppl like me that used prongs & harsh methods at one time because they didn't know any better back in the day) but now I know that isn't the case & for that I also apologise.

I don't like to use any leashes when I do something like this, I don't care for the bike but I do take mine on runs with the ATV with no leashes but when I started I used a retractable leash & went around in first gear (which is so slow a toddler could keep up lol) with the older dog Izze trotting along side us helping us lol.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2011, 01:34 AM
hello Layla...my dogs only wear collers if there is a leash needed...walks and while in puplic...if you see the pic there are no collars and i never used one shock.or prong,.but typed my opinion on them in another section here at dogsey......i tried one on my self!!!!
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 01:39 AM
I have used them & later tried them on myself (prongs, not shockers) & now I don't because I have seen the damage they can inflict, heck after a while mine don't even need collars lol.
Deran9ed
New Member!
Male 

28-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Actually yes i do train certain dogs using a prong collar.

I can obviously see alot of people here think this is cruel but first before you judge please let me explain.
I'm obviously the new person here but i will say that the way adam trains is completely appauling, you should never use punishment as a way to enforce a behaviour.

I'll start by saying that i always train a dog first of by using positive reiforcement so they know what they actually have to do. Now if thats all i need for the dog to respond to my spoken cue reliably, thats all i'll use, i just keep reinforcing that behaviour.

However if i don't believe the dog is reliable i then move on to instiling reliability and a sense of responsibility in the dog. I do this by using different collars depending on the motivation the dog needs to obey. They go always in this order, Martingale, good dog collar then the prong collar.

Now i'll never ever yank or jerk the dog no matter what collar there wearing. What i do is simply a flick of the wrist, so it's just annoying to the dog not painful. All this does is simply teach the dog that there is a punishment for breaking a cue just as there's appraisal for obeying.

Also on top of that the dog is given a verbal warning before hand so they actually have a chance to correct themselves.

So the sequence f events goes like this.
Name -> Cue -> Dog disobeys -> Verbal warning -> Command given again with a correction.

Obviously though if the dog obeys on or before the verbal warning they recieve praise. They also recieve praise after the correction so they know i'm not mad at them.

See now i do agree that 99% of people use prong collars way to harshly and inhumanely.
I do believe though that if used correctly and with the least amount of pressure they can be a humane and viable training aid.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 07:19 PM
What do you know about Adam then?

Weird that you have not introduced yourself and also that you are daft enough to say you have a banned breed!

Do we hear the pittter patter of little trolls again?

rune
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2011, 07:25 PM
They also recieve praise after the correction so they know i'm not mad at them.

? So you inflict pain, then tell them they are good?

You have confused me, so Heaven help the dogs.
Closed Thread
Page 67 of 71 « First < 17 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 > Last »