View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Far to many pages to read them all now but I am going to comment again re Danny the Peke.
I know this dog and his owner personally and I can assure you that Danny was being cooled down due to the lights in main ring.
Have any of you watched TV presenters sitting on their couches talking to guests with sheepskin coats on!!!!! NOPE imo they would be collapsing with the heat lol
Danny according to Jemima Twaddle had been operated on for soft pallette issues Well if he had been why oh why was he having difficult breathing (according to twaddle mind you) Its laughable when some believe Edited TV Documentaries and this is the time of year as always that the rumblings begin for run up to Crufts.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
If you have a good internet connection then watch it online - broadcasting from 10am to about 6pm every day, fantastic viewing of everything in the main ring. I was completely glued to it for 4 days last year, you couldn't have torn me away with a winch!
Oh thanks for that! Mind you I have just seen an advert in the local paper for a trip to Crufts which includes a "best in show" seat so I am tempted!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I think the KC have done the right thing by saying winners will have to be vet-checked now. Only good can come of it.

There are always going to be good and bad breeders/owners/handlers, but you cannot blame the actual show for that - that is humans for you. Whether the people who run the show are aware of wrong-doings by these people and let them continue showing, is another matter.

We've had this debate before when the BBC programme was on TV, it's old-hat. I don't disagree that some of the dogs featured clearly were finding itdifficult under the hot lights and the movement of some dogs was less than impressive to say the least. But, I understand every effort is being made to rectify the issues highlighted, so what more can they do than that? These dogs were a minority, when you consider the thousands of dogs that were there. I fail to see how you can damn Crufts or showing as a whole.

Unfortunately, we only got to the one Champ show last year (our first ever) and I can only say good things of it. Very well laid out, excellent benching facilities, plenty of exercise areas etc. I took Lola's crate that goes in the car, which I placed on the bench. She was that relaxed and comfy she fell asleep before the show started!! Hardly a sign of a stressed dog Let's face it, if she was going to be phazed it would have been at this, her first show!

I liked Crufts when we went, it was waay larger than I ever expected which took me by surprise. But, I thought it was well laid out, the rings were large and the big screens excellent. I also love the Discover Dogs section and thought this was a brilliant area for Joe Bloggs to get to know more about breeds they were interested in prior to buying - which I wish more people would do, it would avoid problems later on!!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Pug on an ice pack? Cant say i've ever seen any pugs at shows requiring ice packs.

This thread seems to be going round in circles...
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 08:31 PM
I've been to crufts several times and will be going again this year.

I don't show and can't see myself ever doing so, does that mean I don't like showing of course not, whilst I might not take part in it, it combines a couple of my interests: dogs and the anatomy and movement of animals.

As to the rest of...this, pfft I reallycan't be arsed going over it all, in the process repeating things I've said several times before.

All I will say is this, I wouldn't use anything written, recorded etc by Jemima whats her last name, Puddleduck, (no that can't be right) to support an anti showing argument against pro showing people, without hard irrefutable evidence to back up her claimes. She is not a non-biased source, she has publicly admitted to omiting certain facts, therefore altering evidence to support her claimes.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 08:34 PM
I like her. I know loads don't but I like her a lot. She is in it for the dogs. I have the upmost respect for her. She does actually listen to people as well.
The work she does for rescue is exceptional. She goes the extra mile.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I like her. I know loads don't but I like her a lot. She is in it for the dogs. I have the upmost respect for her. She does actually listen to people as well.
The work she does for rescue is exceptional. She goes the extra mile.
Jemima Harrison? She is evil and twisted Says what she wants to back up her own claim..False 'facts' or not.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Jemima Harrison? She is evil and twisted Says what she wants to back up her own claim..False 'facts' or not.
I couldn't disagree more.
She cares about the dogs, is in it for the dogs and does more for dog care and welfare than most other people I know.
MINIMUM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Im not a fan. and when I noticed you had 666 replies to this thread I just had to say smething LOL
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I couldn't disagree more.
She cares about the dogs, is in it for the dogs and does more for dog care and welfare than most other people I know.
Through false information? She has caused up roar with in the dog world through her claims that are not true.
Page 67 of 103 « First < 17 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 > Last »