Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Well done everyone.
tilskie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2011, 11:32 AM
As Flora is on crate rest I have been doing some silly things with her just to keep her occupied but I have taught her to touch noses, (not alot you can do when a dog is led down ) and we are a work in progress with left and right hand, she really enjoys doing these things, any other ideas as we have another 4 weeks to go
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Well done guys.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Well done Ted! Sounds like you had lots of good interactions with other dogs. I am especially impressed he ignored the dog jumping up at your treats bag as even St Parker got annoyed with a Rhodesian Ridgeback and wuffed at it and chased him away for doing the same thing!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Well done Ted! Sounds like you had lots of good interactions with other dogs. I am especially impressed he ignored the dog jumping up at your treats bag as even St Parker got annoyed with a Rhodesian Ridgeback and wuffed at it and chased him away for doing the same thing!
Thank you I have to say he is very good about sharing treats he even lets other dogs push him out of the way to get to them first. Which is a good thing really because i'm not sure if i'm one of the few people who take treats out or just i have extra nice ones but i often have dogs trying to get their heads in my pocket to steal his treats
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by emma47 View Post
Thank you I have to say he is very good about sharing treats he even lets other dogs push him out of the way to get to them first. Which is a good thing really because i'm not sure if i'm one of the few people who take treats out or just i have extra nice ones but i often have dogs trying to get their heads in my pocket to steal his treats
Me too but it's because I have home-made cheese dog treats and I feel like the blooming Pied Piper!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Had a good agility class today. The class itself wasn't terribly productive as there was a lot of dogs there today and we spent a lot of time hovering on the edges. Although Cain did keep deliberately turning his back on everyone and offering Watch Me behaviour. But as my trainer realised we hadn't got much actual agility done during class, and as there was no class after us for once, he told me to stay behind.

He secured the field and Cain got the whole course to himself, OFF LEAD, for about 15 mins It was great to be able to do the equipment properly, at a fast pace, without leads getting in the way or other dogs distracting him. He did REALLY really well. He stuck with me, didn't run off, did all the equipment I asked him too, it was great. It made me a little sad that he rarely gets to do agility off lead, because he's actually pretty bloody good at it! But I was really pleased with him and he's absolutely knackered now
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Way to go Cain!! Sounds like fab fun.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Well done both of you.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2011, 05:52 PM
well done everyone, I haven't been on this thread for a while, so just had a wee catch up, sounds like everyone is doing well

Originally Posted by tilskie View Post
As Flora is on crate rest I have been doing some silly things with her just to keep her occupied but I have taught her to touch noses, (not alot you can do when a dog is led down ) and we are a work in progress with left and right hand, she really enjoys doing these things, any other ideas as we have another 4 weeks to go
Maybe ask on the trick training thread (under you and your dogs section) there might be more things she can use her mouth/nose to indicate, like which toy (by name) and so on?
Page 65 of 101 « First < 15 55 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 75 > Last »