Our sister sites
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
RIGHT you are for it now..Tsst Tsst ****poke
poke *** submit bitch****
I ain't scared, I'm a hairy a***d trucker, bring it on!
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2008, 06:38 PM
hugs from us to
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks for that

Can you please "elaborate" on So I told him to submit, something I have trained previously, he lies on his side and relaxes, if he raises his head I use one finger and push his head back down telling him submit after a couple of attempts at grumbling he lies down head on floor and falls asleep.

Is the "flat" the submission, ? But you say you have "taught" trained this? this is EXACTLY what i was trying to get over in the Jonbee explanation, Teaching the dog to lie flat is infact a submissive position. How did you teach/train this?

I dont see anything wrong with "clever" controlled flooding when used by presceptive people like yourself!
Yes the "flat" is the "submit", and yes I taught him it specifically to stop the barking at the tv when animals are on. My OH works nights and is understandably not best chuffed to be woken by Syd in full guard dog mode.
Syd is actually a clever git and he gets it really quickly. By this stage he already had a huge repetoire of commands that I taught him for fun as a pup, lets face it a Dobermann doesn't have much call for a commando crawl I just progressed from the commands he already knew, down, side, it was easy to achieve the submit every time he raised his head, I put it back down.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:40 PM
What do PRO CMers think of the use of food in CollieMads Positive Clip, He actually was "training" the dog here.

So we have Food Reward, Postive reinforcement & training, From CM. I LOVED this as is how i want dogs treated & brought on,
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Yes the "flat" is the "submit", and yes I taught him it specifically to stop the barking at the tv when animals are on. My OH works nights and is understandably not best chuffed to be woken by Syd in full guard dog mode.
Syd is actually a clever git and he gets it really quickly. By this stage he already had a huge repetoire of commands that I taught him for fun as a pup, lets face it a Dobermann doesn't have much call for a commando crawl I just progressed from the commands he already knew, down, side, it was easy to achieve the submit every time he raised his head, I put it back down.

I have a "noooo.... Right down...Flat" same thing!!

IMO this would have worked well with jonbee, to BUILD up the trust, to "teach" the dog the position & desired behaviour, to allow the dog to "achieve" something & be behaving & to allow the handler to gain control in a out of control situation!
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2008, 06:44 PM
have no problem with food reward, just dont like to see it when people do the sit treat down treat stay treat and so on
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-04-2008, 06:45 PM
What do PRO CMers think of the use of food in CollieMads Positive Clip, He actually was "training" the dog here.

So we have Food Reward, Postive reinforcement & training, From CM. I LOVED this as is how i want dogs treated & brought on,
and in his books he will tell you that all of those things can work, just not for every dog in every situation.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by bullyboy View Post
hugs from us to
Is that for me? ive lost the plot?

O/T Poor Tarn
he is a lovely OB CH Magic Sunday Grandson & is all white with a black tri patch on his head & bum, That line with that colouring are well known for being subseptible to bllod related cancers. Hes being having lumps taken off & analysed but sadly they are just secondry tumours & the primary is a massive tumour filled with blood & if it pops hes going to bleed to death, obviously he cant get better & strain could cause a rupture, what a horrid situation. Poor sue shes in her 60s & lives on her own & has just lost her old girl a few months ago
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by bullyboy View Post
have no problem with food reward, just dont like to see it when people do the sit treat down treat stay treat and so on
I do to teach the exercise & then to reward , but not to bribe. Theres a really crappy vidoe on here somewhere of me training my puppy with treats, in the ob section somewhere, which shows how i use food rewards, obvisley you cant use them when competing so my dogs have to learn to apply themselves without them!
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Is that for me? ive lost the plot?

O/T Poor Tarn
he is a lovely OB CH Magic Sunday Grandson & is all white with a black tri patch on his head & bum, That line with that colouring are well known for being subseptible to bllod related cancers. Hes being having lumps taken off & analysed but sadly they are just secondry tumours & the primary is a massive tumour filled with blood & if it pops hes going to bleed to death, obviously he cant get better & strain could cause a rupture, what a horrid situation. Poor sue shes in her 60s & lives on her own & has just lost her old girl a few months ago
for your friend , think we are all loosing the plot
Page 65 of 102 « First < 15 55 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 75 > Last »