Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
Zoe, unfortunately it would seem that only the bad gets reported on which is why it's so easy to find on the net. As I and others have said and tried to show is there are many many good people involved in racing who genuinely love and care for their dogs both during and after they finish racing.
The best thing you can do is to do what I did, get out there and visit the racing kennels, go to some race meetings, see the dogs in action, ask questions of the people involved and then draw your own conclusions.
Yes, but there seems to be an awful lot of it
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Correctomundo!

Greyhound racing kennels are licensed by the GBGB.

They are excluded from the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963 and are entirely separate from other animal boarding kennels. Most councils don't even know they exist - some are in breach of planning law and very few pay commercial rates.

They are inspected by GBGB stewards and the same stewards are supposed to impose relevant legislation.
Environmental, health and safety, employment law etc.

Breeders kennels are different - no matter what breed of dog - you have to be licensed/inspected by the local authorities.
What about the incorrect info on the link? Do you agree with that? Do you think its fair to write lies in order to gain support?
Nixy69
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
If that's aimed at me then tell me what I should believe when I've seen worrying literature and photographic evidence from all over the net.
Nooo that wasn't aimed at you at all. I just meant that people believe what they read and then form opinions based on things that are sometimes spun out of proportion..no offence intended to anyone.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 11:07 PM
No - I understand he just disappeared one day, without making any arrangements for the welfare of his dogs.
Where did you hear this from? Am asking as I'm genuinely interested.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 11:11 PM
*SJ*

Its a long post so wont quote it.

As regards Norah - she did a great job of getting 9 of the 12 dogs which were listed on Eve Blanchard's original PTS list. Which was more than what greyhound protection groups, the RGT or the GBGB managed to do.

The rest of what Norah said or did was an exercise in damage limitation and simply a defence of the industry she is heavily and financially involved in.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Yes, but there seems to be an awful lot of it
Zoe, google 'show dog cruelty' you will come up with loads of different sites and information on the wrongs of showing, but does that make all involved in the showing world cruel?
Nixy69
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Couldn't agree with you more there *SJ*
spot
Dogsey Veteran

15-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
No, why? Feeling left out?
No just thought you might want to be unbiased for once and look at other peoples records ie on the pro side eg Galty? But no we couldnt be unbiased and tar everyone by the same brush could we!

But hey if you want to put me in the same bracket carry on mate, we've had enough rows over the years to get over it eventually
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 11:22 PM
*SJ*

Its a long post so wont quote it.

As regards Norah - she did a great job of getting 9 of the 12 dogs which were listed on Eve Blanchard's original PTS list. Which was more than what greyhound protection groups, the RGT or the GBGB managed to do.

The rest of what Norah said or did was an exercise in damage limitation and simply a defence of the industry she is heavily and financially involved in.
How do you know only nine dogs were removed? From your post it would appear you are having a bit of a pop at greyhound rescues?

I don't agree, that's your opinion or are you saying things haven't improved and Norah is blatantly lying?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
From the link posted earlier.

The highlighted bit is untrue, more propaganda. The boarding licensing act actually states:

So what that site quotes is clearly misleading and wrong.

The highlighted text is not untrue or propaganda.

Read it again - I refer to the standards given in Model License Conditions when quoting the minimum and maximum temperatures and not the Animal Boarding Establishments Act.

http://www.eastcambs.gov.uk/docs/pub...es/dbmodel.pdf
Page 64 of 157 « First < 14 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 114 > Last »