Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY27zH-m5Nw

Dog doesn't appear scared to move!

Adam
Adam, thats a pretty sick joke. I'm not comfortable with that at all and hope the mods remove it.

The dog HAS to move as the bike is and it is also FORCED to keep up with the use of a prong collar. Stop, no, even slow down and it will have metal spikes thrust into its neck/throat. Also, there is a serious danger of overheating associated with forced exercise with all but especially that type of breed. Disgusting.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I for one didnt join Dogsey to log on and see sick jokes and cruelty like that.
Adam, do you realise how serious that is? Or do you just find that funny? You cannot seriously have a dog and think thats ok?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Adam, thats a pretty sick joke. I'm not comfortable with that at all and hope the mods remove it.

The dog HAS to move as the bike is and it is also FORCED to keep up with the use of a prong collar. Stop, no, even slow down and it will have metal spikes thrust into its neck/throat. Also, there is a serious danger of overheating associated with forced exercise with all but especially that type of breed. Disgusting.
I felt the same watching. Poor, poor dog.

Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2011, 10:56 PM
omg! how dangerous is that?!!!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post

Originally Posted by Dawes Paws View Post
I never watch anything he posts as at best they reinforce everything I know about certain collars being covert torture and at worst they would give me nightmares.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Is it possible to ask for all video links to be moderated BEFORE they are posted on training threads? Or maybe just no videos on training threads for a trial period?

This is just so sick.

rune
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2011, 05:12 AM
Ok I'm not saying that I agree with using a prong to tether a dog to one of those bike riggings, but... the dog does look like its having fun & she dobie didn't have a prong on & later the viewer sees the dobe running free beside the bike (didn't get to see the whole thing, as my internet wouldn't load the whole vid for some reason).

Please don't egg me lol.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 07:20 AM

Adam, do you realise how serious that is? Or do you just find that funny? You cannot seriously have a dog and think thats ok?

Originally Posted by rune View Post
Is it possible to ask for all video links to be moderated BEFORE they are posted on training threads? Or maybe just no videos on training threads for a trial period?

This is just so sick.

rune
Its disgusting, ive repoted it & i hope you all do the same. I REALLY cant say what AP brings to the forum tbh , apart from sadistic misery.

What if someone sees that on here & thinks it would be a good idea for their dog

Sickening

Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
Ok I'm not saying that I agree with using a prong to tether a dog to one of those bike riggings, but... the dog does look like its having fun & she dobie didn't have a prong on & later the viewer sees the dobe running free beside the bike (didn't get to see the whole thing, as my internet wouldn't load the whole vid for some reason).

Please don't egg me lol.
That poor pit , needed to stay "exactly" in that position, the whole ride, how stressful is that? i dont think it looked happy at all, just really concentrating & hot.
That dog would only get a rest when the bike went slower, not when it wanted to, sick!!!!!!!
In her comments on the vid, she said she uses it or the dog pulls her off her bike
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by rumblenewfy View Post
Hi, just joined this forum and totally, totally against prong collars. I was on a forum for newfoundlands and it seems that in many countries even normally sane and kind newfy owners who definitely are not uncaring are so pro these collars for their newfs, especially for the untrained rescues. I was slated as I said I would never use one. At the time I had a very badly treated full grown newfie boy who would just lunge. I was advised it was the only safe way to walk him. My boy had been through enough and I had already promised him that he would never be hurt again as long as I was still breathing Took months but he eventually was far better on a lead than my girl who I had had since a puppy if I ever get too old to hold a newf safely on a normal collar and lead I will not have one.
Hello Ann and welcome to Dogsey Well done you for taking on a dog and training it with care and consideration .

Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Fine but what if your dog had pulled you into traffic, lunged and contacted another dog or person or just been too strong for you to hold on a normal collar?

Get rid I guess, can't see many people wanting him though.

Even if you use head collars your subjecting the dog to chronic aversive while wearing it.

Adam
A typical rude and illogical post from you Adam but what we have all come to expect. You sound more and more like your banned mentor every day.

Adam just because in your small inexperienced world people are not prepared to devote the necessary time and patience to train a dog without the use of pain and fear it should not be assumed others are like yourself. I am happy to say people like you are a dying breed .

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I never watch anything he posts as at best they reinforce everything I know about certain collars being covert torture and at worst they would give me nightmares.
Originally Posted by rune View Post

This is just so sick.
Rune
Adam is clearly posting with the intention of upsetting people and stirring things up as much as possible.

Obviously the short ban had no effect at all on his behaviour or consideration for other members.
I have absolutely no idea what Adam is doing posting on a forum for dog lovers or going anywhere near a dog when his posts demonstrate he has so little regard for dogs.

ETA if anyone has a problem with the content of another members posts
please use the report post function.
Closed Thread
Page 64 of 71 « First < 14 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 > Last »