View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-02-2010, 11:10 PM
He said: "It's sort of a status symbol basically, having what's not allowed, what's illegal, having the biggest most vicious dog."

If pit bulls were legalised, he said, it would make a "huge difference" to how much money he could earn.

Asked if it would put him out of business, he replied: "Most probably."
Are you listening PETA?
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
Are you listening PETA?
Are you listening DEFRA?
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Two Pitbulls maim PC.

A man was last night charged with possessing dangerous dogs after a policeman was attacked by two pitbull terriers.
The 57 year old PC was bitten 15 times in his face, chest and arms.
It happened in Plumstead, South East London, near where cops were trying to make an arrest.
The dogs were shot.
Raymond Vickles, 55, will appear before Woolwich JP's today.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jiff View Post
Two Pitbulls maim PC.

A man was last night charged with possessing dangerous dogs after a policeman was attacked by two pitbull terriers.
It happened in Plumstead, South East London, near where cops were trying to make an arrest.
The dogs were shot.
would be interesting to know if they were actually pit bulls...

and i knew, reading the email with that post before looking at the thread, who had written it...
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Two Pitbulls maim PC.

The dogs were shot.
2 Boxers attack Olive Branch woman.
Dogs attack Olive Branch woman

November 24, 2009 2:41 PM CST
OLIVE BRANCH - An Olive Branch woman was reportedly recovering at home on Monday after being attacked by a neighbor's dogs.

The 57-year-old, who has not been identified, was treated and released from Baptist Memorial Hospital - DeSoto after suffering what a police report identified as "major" wounds to her left calf.

The wounds resulted from an incident in the 9900 block of Stage Run Drive, off Alexander Road south of the state line, on Friday afternoon.

The woman told police that she saw two Boxers had escaped from their fenced yard nearby - in the 8900 block of Savannah Ridge Drive - and that when she called the dogs to her they "instantly" attacked.

Animal control officials later seized the dogs, which could be euthanized in accordance with law.

The dogs' owner was cited for violating a city ordinance requiring residents to keep their pets secured.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Two Pitbulls maim PC.

The dogs were shot.
A DOG owner in a Fenland village has been left devastated after her toy poodle died following an attack by a greyhound.

Sandra Watts was walking her poodle, Katie, and her Jack Russell, Bella, through Newton when she said out-of-nowhere a large black greyhound grabbed Katie by the neck.

For nearly 10 minutes Miss Watts, an arthritis sufferer, and passers-by battled to free Katie from the greyhound's grasp.

Miss Watts said: "I just don't know how I am going to get over it. Bella is completely traumatised by the event. I will never be able to walk her in the village again.

"Katie was a unique little dog, so proud. She thought the world revolved around her. She was full of life and playful and never let me out of her sight. I just couldn't protect her."

Miss Watts, 60, usually walked the dogs on the village playing field but because of inclement weather decided to walk them down the road on November 4 when the incident happened.

Describing the incident, which happened in Church Lane close to the church, she said: "An extremely large un-muzzled black greyhound came up and just grabbed Katie by the back of the neck.

Any dog can attack. does not mean they should be banned
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
johnderondon, I think probably, we best just agree to disagree, otherwise we may see more pages of you and I spouting the same old , same old!!

You have your views, that's fine, have no problem with that, I have mine (they may very well be in the minority) that's OK, have no problem with that either.

Ofcause there is a whole spectrum of "but this and that" that can surround the DDA and all it entails, but as the question is specifically about Pitbulls, that what I have addressed.

Would I want to own one, No, they dont do anything for me, even if they where not on the banned list.

All opinions are valid, one does not have to agree with everyone else, ,so I do think, they are/can be potentially dangerous, yes I do, given the nature of the beast and its breeding , or lack of it.

You disagree , thats fine, I can live with that
I'm afraid Jackbox, with the blinkered mentality of the pitbull enthusiasts, combined with the nonsense posted by John, Harakiri will eventually seem an atractive option for you. LoL.

The question, "Are pitbulls dangerous?" seems a very difficult question for so many people on this forum to get their heads around. I could understand it, if the question was ambiguous, but quite honestly, to me it's rhetorical.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm afraid Jackbox, with the blinkered mentality of the pitbull enthusiasts, combined with the nonsense posted by John, Harakiri will eventually seem an atractive option for you. LoL.

The question, "Are pitbulls dangerous?" seems a very difficult question for so many people on this forum to get their heads around. I could understand it, if the question was ambiguous, but quite honestly, to me it's rhetorical.
I thought you were done with this Jiff? The question is not ambiguous but the answer is not simple. It would be like asking "Do you think men are wife beaters?" Are some? Yep. Are they all? Nope. So you can't say "yes" to the question because then you're saying all men are wife beaters. But you can't say "no" to the question because then you're ignoring the fact that indeed, some are.

Are some pit bulls dangerous? Yes.

Are they all? No.

There is simply no black and white answer to such a question. Ever. If you can't see that, then I feel very sorry for you.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
I thought you were done with this Jiff? The question is not ambiguous but the answer is not simple. It would be like asking "Do you think men are wife beaters?" Are some? Yep. Are they all? Nope. So you can't say "yes" to the question because then you're saying all men are wife beaters. But you can't say "no" to the question because then you're ignoring the fact that indeed, some are.

Are some pit bulls dangerous? Yes.

Are they all? No.

There is simply no black and white answer to such a question. Ever. If you can't see that, then I feel very sorry for you.

That would depend on their upbringings , and if they came from a long line of "wife beaters" then the likelihood is they more than likely will be.

As aggression, breeds aggression!
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
That would depend on their upbringings , and if they came from a long line of "wife beaters" then the likelihood is they more than likely will be.

As aggression, breeds aggression!

Aggression CAN breed aggression. Not everyone who is abused becomes an abuser. Plenty of people push past poor upbringings and "bad" genes to become something better than that. The same can be said of dogs.

And yes it CAN depend on their upbringing. Even someone from "bad stock" who came from a long line of wife beaters and abusers, if raised by another person, in a loving family, can become an upstanding citizen. The same can be said of dogs.
Page 64 of 132 « First < 14 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 114 > Last »