Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Don't have an issue with the challenging.

I do find it nasty when people turn round and say that the OP did not see things etc.
Nobody questioned what she said she saw, it was her assumption of the dogs being too hot or stressed which was off the mark. If I saw a dog limping on a front leg, it would be correct of me to say it was limping, but wrong to assume it had previously broken that leg, wouldnt it?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Nobody questioned what she said she saw, it was her assumption of the dogs being too hot or stressed which was off the mark. If I saw a dog limping on a front leg, it would be correct of me to say it was limping, but wrong to assume it had previously broken that leg, wouldnt it?
However - if you told me that you had seen a dog that was limping and thought it had something wrong I would agree that it could have but ask if you had considered all the options - I hope I would do it in a nice way.

Dogs DO pant when they are hot and they DO pant when they are stressed (be it good or bad stress), and as the OP was in the situation, had a good idea of the atmosphere.
....however, they also pant for other reasons....which has been pointed out and apologised for.

It is not an illogical conclusion to come to.

If you had said you saw a dog limping stated it was doing so because it had broken its tail......then you might expect to be jumped on.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 09:24 PM
However - if you told me that you had seen a dog that was limping and thought it had something wrong I would agree that it could have but ask if you had considered all the options - I hope I would do it in a nice way.

Dogs DO pant when they are hot and they DO pant when they are stressed (be it good or bad stress), and as the OP was in the situation, had a good idea of the atmosphere.
....however, they also pant for other reasons....which has been pointed out and apologised for.

It is not an illogical conclusion to come to.

If you had said you saw a dog limping stated it was doing so because it had broken its tail......then you might expect to be jumped on.
I agree entirely, which was why Pidge was wrong to say what she did. She assumed, rightly or wrongly.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I agree entirely, which was why Pidge was wrong to say what she did. She assumed, rightly or wrongly.
But she did not assume something that was wildly off base. There was reasoning - and a sound one at that - which is the point you seem to have missed from my post.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 09:28 PM
And you were wrong to say that luxating patella would make a dog lame or hop all the time.

We can all be wrong either in what we say or in our interpretation of a situation.

Pidge has apologised...........

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 09:34 PM
But she did not assume something that was wildly off base. There was reasoning - and a sound one at that - which is the point you seem to have missed from my post.
I didnt miss it Tassle, I just think she assumed wrong.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
And you were wrong to say that luxating patella would make a dog lame or hop all the time.

We can all be wrong either in what we say or in our interpretation of a situation.

Pidge has apologised...........

rune
Then in your position KNOWING as you said the champion that DID have this condition, ignoring it and not reporting it, makes it even worse.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 09:36 PM
I didnt miss it Tassle, I just think she assumed wrong.
....you think...but you do not know.
Assumptions all round I guess
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 09:36 PM
....you think...but you do not know.
Assumptions all round I guess
Perhaps......................
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Then in your position KNOWING as you said the champion that DID have this condition, ignoring it and not reporting it, makes it even worse.
Nice try Dawn but I think most people can see through you trying to turn the post round.

You were wrong in what you posted as a fact in reply to Wilbars post.

Me 'reporting' anything is nothing to do with your being wrong in a fact.

Pidge had the grace to apologise. I don't suppose anyone is holding their breath for you to follow suit and apologise to Wilbar.

rune
Page 64 of 103 « First < 14 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 > Last »