Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
That is the BEST CM Clip ive ever seen, Excellent, CM was Presceptive & spot on, i really liked him in that clip & he DIDNT keep banging on about energy!!!! Marvelous. I also liked the way the dogs were all milling around, i esp liked the way he kept Gavin moving. THIS is dog training!!!!

Loved they way he rewarded through food & sex, tons of positive reinforcement instead of FORCING the dog to contront his fears (as ive seen him do with other dogs!0 Perhaps CM is LEARNING!!!!!!

Cheers CollieMad!!!
a good thing said about cm at last
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by bullyboy View Post
i have no dout that would work but it would be too expencive to get someone in for that amount of time

Correct dog management CAN be time consuming, & if the owners are too stupid to do it themselves expensive.

Thats what i would do anyway, as far as im concerned in training, feeding, vet care etc etc, the BEST option is the ONLY option no matter the time or expense costs. I dont think dogs should be short changed
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by colliemad View Post
right mish, you wanted a positive clip and here is one for you! He is actually trying to interact with this dog and rewarding it with food this is why he confuses me, as I said earlier sometimes I think that he doesn't like dogs and then other times.......

the clip you want is a pic of a pitbull in a cage, it's the second one along the bottom and the dog is called gavin

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ideos/02766_01
A thought I had posted on this
Yes it looked good, I would have started with the sound quieter and built it up but in the main it was a pretty good positive way to try and help the dog
No nonsense about dominence just respecting that the dog had a problem and had a good reason to have that problem and trying to be understanding
And also that he had been taking time to build up a bond with the dog so it trusted him
it was actually nice to see that when the dog was stressed it trusted him enough to come to him for comfort

Interesting to see cesar using food rewards when so many pro CMers seem totaly against food rewards??

(see he dosent have wings but I am not even praising thro gritted teeth)
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:29 PM
I think that is a little unfair as sarah may well not agree with your point of view but she certainly hasn't been what I would describe as unfriendly or rude for that matter

Maybe you need to go and vent at bullyboy with a couple of pm's?

I feel shes EXTREMLEY patronising & rude to me, JMO. She cant say a civil word to me & constantly telling me i know sod all. How patronising is that?
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I feel shes EXTREMLEY patronising & rude to me, JMO. She cant say a civil word to me & constantly telling me i know sod all. How patronising is that?
To be fair mish you have been a wee bit tetchy the last couple of days
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Mish You asked for a positive clip and I put a link on with one, see post 589, have you not seen it yet?
Ive posted a reply somewhere!!!! just had my friend on the phone in tears telling me her 9 yr old Collie (flynns cousin) is going to be PTS tomorrow as hes riddled with Cancer!!! So she came first for a while!! i have put a reply on though!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by bullyboy View Post
do this one again
Yup seen it - I was getting there honest

I think that is true in many cases but if he wasnt happy with the way it is shown he is now big enough to tell them to get lost - no self respecting doggy person would be happy with representing themselves ina way they are not happy with if it relates to how they deal with dogs

no money or fame would let people post clips edited in ways that made me look like I was treating a dog in a way I didnt like
Sure that might happen once if you are nieve but then you walk!
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Ive posted a reply somewhere!!!! just had my friend on the phone in tears telling me her 9 yr old Collie (flynns cousin) is going to be PTS tomorrow as hes riddled with Cancer!!! So she came first for a while!! i have put a reply on though!
yes I saw it, sorry about your friends dog, not that old either, been there and it isn't nice {{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:36 PM
To be fair mish you have been a wee bit tetchy the last couple of days
RIGHT you are for it now..Tsst Tsst ****poke
poke *** submit bitch****
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:37 PM