View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Glad to hear his tummy has settled nicely now with your home cooking, and well done to Gorden out in the cold and wet building that ramp (Dave would be just the same!!!). Glad Ollie can now go in and out at his leisure with ease instead of negotiating 6 steps. Your heart must be breaking still Lynn watching him the way he is, and I understand everything you have said in your last post, and totally. Let's just hope and pray for a little bit of improvement each day and see what time can heal. Bless his great big heart, I wish I could give him a big cuddle right now.xxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Glad to hear his tummy has settled nicely now with your home cooking, and well done to Gorden out in the cold and wet building that ramp (Dave would be just the same!!!). Glad Ollie can now go in and out at his leisure with ease instead of negotiating 6 steps. Your heart must be breaking still Lynn watching him the way he is, and I understand everything you have said in your last post, and totally. Let's just hope and pray for a little bit of improvement each day and see what time can heal. Bless his great big heart, I wish I could give him a big cuddle right now.xxxxx
Thanks Helena cuddle will be duly administered in a few minutes. Tummy settled now in fact no poops since yesterday evening just before bed time. Very runny and noisy Gorden could hear it stood by the back door. He has only just done a wee since 9pm last night he has been in and out in the end Gorden lifted him down the small step into the front garden and he did one for us hooray.

I would say the legs are pretty much the same still able to support himself for a few minutes but it is the walking that is the problem. That is when he is likely too stumble and then fall standing still for a few minutes isn't too bad but obviously he cannot do it for very long. Eating well.

I saw my groomer friend this morning she took his photo on Sunday evening to an animal healing session and did some healing for Ollie so when she saw him home on the field briefly Monday she got all excited. She did not see him walk and did not realise he was not really meant to be out there but he wanted too go and after 10 days of being cooped up we decided to let him have a small wander and sniff but knew until he makes a full recovery if he does he cannot go out there again, it is garden only now until we know which way this is going too go.

If she has time tonight she is going to pop round to do some hand on healing for him, he loves Natalie and lets her make a fuss of him so hopefully he will oblige tonight.

As I was typing Michael arrived in through the back door and went straight upstairs to take his wet coat off and Ollie got up to look up the stairs for him as he didn't say hello to him when he came in. They are now on the floor having a cuddle he still looked very wobbly and the back legs still not straight very bent but he made the effort to get up and say hey you haven't said hello. He does that sometimes and other times he cannot be bothered.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Sorry to hear that Ollie is still not fully well, hopefully it is still just little steps and positive enough to keep going. Prayers for you both.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Big cuddles to Ollie,he's a really brave lad, you're all in our thoughts Lynn (x)
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Really hope Ollie shows some improvement over the coming weeks. It must be so difficult to see him struggling but he sounds happy enough. Hope Natalie manages to help. xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
Sorry to hear that Ollie is still not fully well, hopefully it is still just little steps and positive enough to keep going. Prayers for you both.
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Big cuddles to Ollie,he's a really brave lad, you're all in our thoughts Lynn (x)
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Really hope Ollie shows some improvement over the coming weeks. It must be so difficult to see him struggling but he sounds happy enough. Hope Natalie manages to help. xx
Thank you all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Not such a good day with Ollie today he was very reluctant too get up this morning took us about 2/12 hours to convince him to stand and go out for a tiddle. He is eating and drinking though

I also noticed this morning that he has a dip now between his eyebrow bone and his cheek bone it is quite visible and when you feel it is quite a dent. He has muscle wastage on the top of his head and it quite obviously spreading. It was not noticeable yesterday or the day before it seems like it has happened overnight.

He has got a little better during the day and is still able to support himself when standing and although walking it is with great difficulty.

I updated Nadia as she asked and we sent her a video Gorden took today of him walking because we feel where he had made a slight improvement Wednesday and yesterday he has gone back to where he was on Monday when we brought him home.

I have to ring at 5pm too see what she thinks, she is talking about possible hospitilisation again I really don't want to do this it would be for sedation and re-run the muscle test but if possible we would be prepared to drop him off go somewhere nearby and pick him up later. Also to discuss the possible drugs but I really have to know the what the side effects would be I cannot put an already struggling dog through something that might cause him even more problems.

He wants to go out on the field he sits at the front gate looking wistfully and I cannot do it he is not even able to be in the garden unattended in case he stumbles or falls. I am in such a dilemma how long do you carry on ? Knowing that this is possibly going to stay the same or get worse.

The other problem is his weight if he cannot exercise he will get so fat he has enough trouble keeping the weight off and he is already on starvation rations to try to help with the weight issue.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Oh Lynn, I haven't been o for a few days, what a roller coaster ride you are on.
Sometimes when things go on for so long they seem worse as we get worn out and see only the negatives, and the quality question is always in the backs of our minds.
Not really a helpful answer, but, you will know when the time is right and when enough is enough.
Try to take each step as it comes and not try to foresee the future, if the tests are rerun and depending on that, then maybe go from there.
Do you know if it takes a while for this medication to stablise them? Or is it suppose to be a fast action drug that should work from the beginning and not need to build up in their system (sorry if you have already said this but I can't remember, except for the one you couldn't get your hands on)?
Massive hugs to you and Ollie what a time you are having, you are doing so well and being so strong for your boy xxxx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Oh Lynn, I haven't been o for a few days, what a roller coaster ride you are on.
Sometimes when things go on for so long they seem worse as we get worn out and see only the negatives, and the quality question is always in the backs of our minds.
Not really a helpful answer, but, you will know when the time is right and when enough is enough.
Try to take each step as it comes and not try to foresee the future, if the tests are rerun and depending on that, then maybe go from there.
Do you know if it takes a while for this medication to stablise them? Or is it suppose to be a fast action drug that should work from the beginning and not need to build up in their system (sorry if you have already said this but I can't remember, except for the one you couldn't get your hands on)?
Massive hugs to you and Ollie what a time you are having, you are doing so well and being so strong for your boy xxxx
Such a lovely post!

Really hoping things take a good turn for you and Ollie Lynn.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 03:25 PM
So sorry he seems to have taken a step backwards again, my heart goes out to you all because you are trying so hard with him, and Ollie is also being a little star and wanting to get out to his field and garden, it makes decisions even harder when there is life in him and yet his body is letting him down.

I hope that Nadia will come up with some meds that will help him have the quality of life you want for the dear boy, I know just how much you all love him and that you only want what is best for him.

I've got everything crossed again here xxx
Page 62 of 123 « First < 12 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 72 112 > Last »