Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im sure if its based on your other replies in this thread, nobody will.
Hehe, very true.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
No, you chose to read only that out of all of the things I've said in this thread. That's not my problem.
I read most of your replies. Just choose to ignore most. is not my problem either.. I am all for listening to others opinions but them that are narrow minded I couldnt careless for. I like showing and so do the dogs..There will always be people who dont like it, for what ever reasons..That to aint my problem .
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
It does not make them rational though.
This is true - but everyone is entitled to them none the less, whether you think they are rational or not.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
From growing up we took many BCs in off farms, on arrival seeing how all the dogs were treated, and how aggressive some of the ones we had come in where. Do I class all farmers the same and believe they all treat their dogs in the same manner no. Do I see all BCs the same..No or I wouldnt own one. I look at the whole picture and no there are always going to be bad in anything to do with animals.

I have been to bad training classes for agility, odidence and ring classes. I wont stop going to another 'better' one though.

I have been to bad dentist, wont stop me going to one all together.

Do you get my drift - I just fail to see how some one could dismiss something due to one poor experience.
Depends on the experience.....and no - I do not go to the dentist.

I have had people take up 3 years (when they really cannot cope any more) come to training classes after a bad experience.

A bad experience can really leave a lasting impression - good or bad.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
This is true - but everyone is entitled to them none the less, whether you think they are rational or not.
True, but when someone posts such views on an open forum, expect them to be challenged .
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
True, but when someone posts such views on an open forum, expect them to be challenged .
Don't have an issue with the challenging.

I do find it nasty when people turn round and say that the OP did not see things etc.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 07:53 PM
only if you let it. If I let every bad experience get in the way - I would no longer walk my dogs due to other walks, I would no longer have a passion for BC, I would believe all farmers miss treated their dogs and saw them as equipment and nothing more, I would believe all shih tzu were as nasty as the one that left me scared ect - ect - ect.. I just fail to see how and why someone would live like that a bad experience is just that an 'experience'. The whole picture for me where ever their is bad there will ALWAYS be good - but only if you can be bothered to look for it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Don't have an issue with the challenging.

I do find it nasty when people turn round and say that the OP did not see things etc.
No one said that, what has been "challenged" is that what one saw was what one wanted to see! and sweeping statements as to the reason they saw what they saw!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2011, 08:01 PM
I could say, I was went to watch an agility contest, HWM , or take your pick, and got upset because I did not like what I saw, hyperactive dogs, stressed out and when not competing lying bored or stressed and panting due to overheating on benches.

And as a result will never go to one again, because they all must be like that.

Now I will sit back and wait for the flack to come and challenge me""

BTW.....its not what I think, just a comparison
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Depends on the experience.....and no - I do not go to the dentist.
I have had people take up 3 years (when they really cannot cope any more) come to training classes after a bad experience.

What never
Page 62 of 103 « First < 12 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 72 > Last »