View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Kenny, forgive me if I do not pop into see you on here anymore. I do think you ought to chat to whoever you see re your mental health. It is not healthy to dwell entirely on your loss of dear Harvey. You must somehow come to terms with it and find another outlet to make your days worth living. If you cannot find it in your heart to give another poor wee dog a home then you might perhaps do some voluntary work perhaps at a dog welfare trust.

I have suffered Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for over 20 years now so I know how difficult it is to try to overcome things. However, I am finding your distress is pulling me down, so I will just wish you well in getting your life back on course as I feel I can no longer be of comfort to you. God bless.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Kenny, forgive me if I do not pop into see you on here anymore. I do think you ought to chat to whoever you see re your mental health. It is not healthy to dwell entirely on your loss of dear Harvey. You must somehow come to terms with it and find another outlet to make your days worth living. If you cannot find it in your heart to give another poor wee dog a home then you might perhaps do some voluntary work perhaps at a dog welfare trust.

I have suffered Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for over 20 years now so I know how difficult it is to try to overcome things. However, I am finding your distress is pulling me down, so I will just wish you well in getting your life back on course as I feel I can no longer be of comfort to you. God bless.
Dearest Moyra

I completely understand and there is nothing to forgive. I am deeply sorry that I am upsetting you as that is not what I ever wanted towards you or anyone.

You are one of the most caring and kindest peopleI have met and I will never forget what you did for me.

No one has ever shown such compassion to me before and I am still over whelmed thinking about it now.

You had no reason to do what you did, it was just pure compassion and kindness and I truly meant what I said before when I say that words can never express my true thanks and gratitude towards you.

I will never forget you or your kindness.

God Bless you.

Kenny
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Kenny:

You need to draw on the positivity of what has happened, rather than focus on the negativity, as bad as that is.

Positive: through Harvey you now have many of us on Dogsey as friends. Despite what you have gone through, you HAVE survived it, life DOES go on and Harvey will live for ever in your heart. You have now discovered that the world is full of nice people, as well as ****holes, and you need to meet up with some of them.

Negative: doesn't need to be said ... but through him you have met a ton of friends.

Do you know Charnwood Forest?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Hi Kenny, I am feeling a bit brighter and I thought I would pop in and say I hope you are too. God bless. Moyraxx
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Hi Kenny, I am feeling a bit brighter and I thought I would pop in and say I hope you are too. God bless. Moyraxx

Hi Moyra

Thank you for your kindness and I have just emailed you.

Xx
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Hi everyone

This is just a quick message to say thank you to everyone for your messages and kindness.

You guys have been here for me through all of this nightmare and I can not say what a support you all have been.

It's very touching how much you guys care.

I had to take a step away from Dogsey and the net in general as I needed to try and come to terms with loosing Harvey. This had nothing to do with anyone or anything anyone said but I just found that I was relying on the net instead of facing what I was and still am feeling and trying to work my way through it.

It will be a month this Thursday since Harvey was PTS and it may as well be yesterday as its still as painful and vivid in my mind. I just can't seem to get past this and I'm struggling but it's something I need to do.

I'm trying hard though, last week I took an unopened large bag of Harvey's food and some unopened packets of dog treats to the Dogs Trust (they have a dogs home about 15 minutes drive from me) I didn't see the point in letting them spoil and if they can help some other dogs in need then I'm happy. But that was flipping hard, I was straight in and straight out and when I got home I just sat on the floor next to Harvey's bed and cried.

Harveys loss and how he died still fills most of my thoughts and until I can get past this I can't begin to move on.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Kenny, have you thought about volunteering to walk some of the dogs at Dogs Trust?

It might help you to break through some of the more painful memories and allow you to connect with other beings, both canine and human.

I'm glad you've popped on here to let us all know that you are OK. Know that we are thinking of you as I'm sure you will be here for others in future who feel that awful pain that you are feeling xx
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Well done Kenny for taking Harvey's food to Dogs Trust - although it was very hard for you to do. A month is not a long time, so don't be too hard on yourself. When my Tilly was PTS 2 years ago (February 12) I had lots of dog treats and food in the house and like you, after about a month or so I gave them to the owners of Tilly's doggy pals in the village - I found it hard to do as I delivered each parcel personally but in a strange way it helped me as I found it easier after that to talk to the local doggy people about Tilly (I had been avoiding them since I lost Tilly as meeting them and their dogs was bringing back too many memories for me)
It will get better Kenny, I promise you xx
Look after yourself and pop in now and again to let us know how you are. God bless
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2015, 07:03 AM
You are making progress - that can't have been easy to do, you should feel proud of yourself!

It does worry me that you are dwelling on your grief a bit - it's OK to feel grief, and no good time to say 'that's it, I'm over it' (I still cry now and then for Wolfie, and he's been gone 20 years!), but it's not healthy to let it dominate your life. I do hope your mental-care team are aware of what is happening and have suggested some things to help?

Have you ever done any drawing or painting? I ask because when my boy died, I spent time doing a pencil drawing of him from a photo. It gave me some peace to watch his likeness slowly appearing and though it was hardly a masterpiece, I felt as if I had captured his sunny, loving personality in a way a photo couldn't.

I love Chris's suggestion that you volunteer to dog-walk for Dogs Trust, or even try fostering if you aren't ready for a permanent new pal yet. A lot of dogs don't do well in kennels and that's when foster-owners really come into their own. And wouldn't it be a fitting memorial to your wonderful boy, if you were to become a fosterer to help dogs just like him?

Keep in touch, you have made friends here and we care!
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello, I hope everyone is okay?

I can't say I'm doing well but I'm doing better than I was.

The house is so empty with out Harvey but I'm slowly coming to terms with it.

Hope your all well.

Kenny
Page 61 of 62 « First < 11 51 58 59 60 61 62 >