Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
But what are those reasons? If it's definitely never stress or being too hot (or exercise), what is it that makes a dog pant when it's cold and lying still?
Perhaps they are excited at being at the biggest dog show in the world?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 04:52 PM
They were Springers, Clumbers and German pointers btw. The former of which all just looked so bored and not how I like to see my favourite breed.

I am entitled to feel like that based on what I saw.
Oh I see, bored now aswell.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Everyone bases their view on personal experience. I would not attend another ring-craft class after witnessing some of the behaviour in the one I went to. DO I tar everyone, no, but you would have to really push me to go to another and even then I would be hyper aware of anything similar happening.

It is personal and colours our own personal views and our own personal opinions.
From growing up we took many BCs in off farms, on arrival seeing how all the dogs were treated, and how aggressive some of the ones we had come in where. Do I class all farmers the same and believe they all treat their dogs in the same manner no. Do I see all BCs the same..No or I wouldnt own one. I look at the whole picture and no there are always going to be bad in anything to do with animals.

I have been to bad training classes for agility, odidence and ring classes. I wont stop going to another 'better' one though.

I have been to bad dentist, wont stop me going to one all together.

Do you get my drift - I just fail to see how some one could dismiss something due to one poor experience.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Perhaps your bad dentist was having an off day - would you go back to the same dentist to see if it had improved?

I've had appalling food and service at a chain restaurant. I'm sure others can't be as awful - have I been to find out? no.

Guess I'm irrational.

Discalimer: In no way am a denegrating any dog related activity in this post.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Ladies this is just a witch-hut and really getting silly to read

everyone is intitled to their oppinion based on their experiences
Pidge has been to crufts and seen it first hand and although her experiences do not match your experiences it dosent mean she isnt alowed to feel that way
It also does not in any way lessen your experience
and everyone else is free to make up their own minds based on what they experience

It is possible that some people were there for the first time the year the lady was showing her dog while another of her dogs was giving birth in the back of the van
This is not usual for crufts and I am sure most people condem what she did
However could you blame someone who had witnised it to have their veiw on crufts coloured by that?

Pidge has mentioned many reasons why she dosent like the show and yet you rip into this one, which is something that you really shouldnt comment on as you were not there and did not see the dogs at the time pidge did

Just because that has not been your experience does not mean that it is not what pidge saw

I am sure you will all admit there might be some showers who are not as caring as you all are and take dogs who do not enjoy showing
They might be few and far between and it may just be bad luck that pidge saw that - but it dosent mean she didnt see it just because its not how you and your dogs are

So can we please stop this petty picking, it dosent help your cause any either
Posts letting us know how proud you are and how happy your dogs are are far more likely to sway a person than ganging up and being petty bullies
Opinions are fine, but when you post them on an open forum, you can expect them to be challenged, particularly if you are the OP and chose to raise the subject.

When posts give an unrealistic view based on either misunderstanding or an unrepresentative fraction of the whole, I like to try and balance out that view. After all, if no-one challenged some of the posts that have been on here, anyone reading this who had no knowledge of crufts or show dogs may well get a totally wrong impression.

I don't see that as a witch hunt. Or are we only allowed to challenge certain posts on certain subjects or are there certain members that we're not allowed to challenge at all?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
Perhaps your bad dentist was having an off day - would you go back to the same dentist to see if it had improved?
I was with the dentist for over three years.. Couldnt care less if they had improved, am with a fab place now.

My point was just because of one bad experience in a certain place it doesnt mean all places related to the same thing are also bad.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Circles!

Look, I saw what I saw, I felt what I felt I made up my mind not to go again.

Some of you understand where I'm coming from, some of you don't. That's fine. I have no issue with differing opinions. Not at all.

I have issue with the personal comments about me, but those childish enough to make them have been suitably ignored.

Discover Dogs? Please don't get me started on that ;o)
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 06:39 PM
The thing is you dont know what you saw, you 'think' you know what you saw! You saw a dog panting and said it was over heated or stressed..without any clue as to why it was infact panting.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Circles!

Look, I saw what I saw, I felt what I felt I made up my mind not to go again.

Some of you understand where I'm coming from, some of you don't. That's fine. I have no issue with differing opinions. Not at all.

I have issue with the personal comments about me, but those childish enough to make them have been suitably ignored.

Discover Dogs? Please don't get me started on that ;o)
Im sure if its based on your other replies in this thread, nobody will.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
The thing is you dont know what you saw, you 'think' you know what you saw! You saw a dog panting and said it was over heated or stressed..without any clue as to why it was infact panting.
No, you chose to read only that out of all of the things I've said in this thread. That's not my problem.
Page 61 of 103 « First < 11 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 71 > Last »