Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Did that... one little point first.

First thing they say is they watch how the dog RUNS.

Next thing they say after the WALK they examin them

Now if you except the translation might be a little wrong and the first line might say...They watch how the dog WALKS.

And if you except that.

Then go to any meeting at Romford Night races or BAGS as well, you will see the Vet do exactly the same thing in full view of the crowd.
Can you provide the evidence of this please.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Sorry Navajo to take so long in responding and making it another long one - long story but it takes me a while to type and I cant be on here often these days. Also I have included my responses in your post - again apologies but its easier for me.

That's ok!

But surely she could enjoy racing just as much if there was no commercial side to the ‘sport’? She has no idea how much money is being bet on her winning so would enjoy racing just as much!

So does every single pup make it to the track? Really? Yet you have non-chasers, yet you say all your pups will make it to the track?

Ireland should make the contribution of also banning commercial racing and not breeding so many greyhounds. As you say Ireland contributes most of the racing greys, can you tell me how many of their pups don’t make it to the tracks and how many of their dogs end up in homes on sofas?

There is still very little accountability in the industry, the forms etc are just a slight nod in the direction of trying to make themselves look better – its not working!

Excuse the sky blue - there is a reason for it
Yes, my pups can be returned to me at ANY time during their lifetime if their owner can no longer care for them.

No, every single pup does not make it to the track, I said any pup I bred would because I wouldn't breed from bitches who had poor results, from poor lines or from a grader and I'd make sure they were reared and schooled well.

No, I don't agree Ireland should ban commercial racing, horse or dog.

I don't have those figures, I could search the internet for them but no doubt they would biased figures either way so I feel it would be a pointless exercise.

I don't think the forms have been in place for long enough to know whether they are working or not to be honest and fair.

Thank you for the blue... made your post a lot less confusing than mine!!
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
The huge decline in numbers attending the races would surely back this up! She can it seems certainly speak for many on here
You keep bringing up the decline in the sport which lets face it is very notable, BUT even with the decline in the sport, it's still in the top 3 most popular sports involving animals.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Would be interested in how you get on with this.

Remember back in 2004 this topic hit the head lines in America, more than 100 greyhounds had tested positive for coke over a three year period.

The racing track involved put it down to transference, all the Anties laugh their heads and even got a Congress women to refute it.

On the next occasion it was proved that one of the kennel hands was a coke user and had transferred Thur skin contact.

That's not saying that had happened in all the other cases but was never proved.

The only case that I have known personally of a Greyhound having been giving Coke was your friend from Scotland who got the dog from NI and it was admitted by the owner that he had in fact giving the dog Coke to make him run better, he stated at the time, he did it because the dog was useless, Trouble was it was 10 times worse after he gave it Coke.

It toke over 2 months for the dog to get over his addiction.

All positive urine samples listed in the article, contained the metabolite of cocaine - bezoylecgonine - which means the cocaine had gone through the dogs metabolism.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Nixy69 View Post

Declining numbers doesnt account for all tracks though my local is packed every Thursday and Saturday night surely that speaks volumes. I think most people know that unspeakable cruelty does happen to some racing dogs that are owned by people who think of them as a commodity but if trainers look after their dogs why should all racing be abolished?? Trainers who look after their dogs through their racing career until retirement dont deserve to be put in the same category and believe me they are out there.
Please can we have good factual evidence of the trainers who look after their dogs through their racing career until retirement.

Can we also have some attendance figures regarding your local track.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Yes, my pups can be returned to me at ANY time during their lifetime if their owner can no longer care for them.

No, every single pup does not make it to the track, I said any pup I bred would because I wouldn't breed from bitches who had poor results, from poor lines or from a grader and I'd make sure they were reared and schooled well.

No, I don't agree Ireland should ban commercial racing, horse or dog.

I don't have those figures, I could search the internet for them but no doubt they would biased figures either way so I feel it would be a pointless exercise.

I don't think the forms have been in place for long enough to know whether they are working or not to be honest and fair.

Thank you for the blue... made your post a lot less confusing than mine!!
Can I ask who you are?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Can I ask who you are?
Can I ask who you are?

You all go under these "pseudonyms" yet seem fascinated to the real names of people who own or who support Greyhound racing.

How is she doing Navajo? Running well?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Can I ask who you are?
Trudy Baker
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Trudy Baker
Congratulations, and merry Xmas to you, Im Dawn Bladen!
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Please provide 'good factual evidence' the vast majority look after their dogs well during and after racing and the vast majority would like to see welfare continue(?) to improve.
Trudy I could ask exactly the same from you to provide good factual evidence that they don't.
Sadly the good guys in greyhound racing never get the media attention as this doesn't sell the papers. It is far easier for you to quote the bad that happens as this does attract media attention as it sells papers.

Before I bought my first greyhound I did my own research, I visited several racing kennels, I got inside to find out what went on in order to satisfy myself that my dog would be looked after properly. Having placed the dog I went on to get my kennel hands licence and helped out at the kennels but more so so I could do the racing side so I could find out for myself exactly what went on.
I can honestly say that the people I have met and have had dealings with are not the greedy, selfish, nasty, cruel or only in it for money type that you would like everyone to believe that all involved in greyhound racing are.
There are those out there that are like that as I have said on many previous ocassions but I believe in the grand scheme of things they are in the minority as I have been fortunate so far not to have come across any of them.
Rest assured though if ever I do, I will do something about it, as said I have nothing to lose.
Page 60 of 157 « First < 10 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 110 > Last »