View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Well i think i ought to join as i am on a diet! I gained all my weight about 4 years ago. I was looking slightly underweight for my height at 8 st 4 and being only 5'2". Then i changed from a bar managers job to a desk job. Also met a guy who loved sweets and chocolate and naughty foods as much as me. I put on over 4 stone in less than 3 years!!!! There was one and a half of me!!!!!! Eeek!
Anyway i have tried lots of diets and find my motivation and will power isnt very strong if i dont see and feel the results quickly.
Anyway i have gone back to the diet i found most successful and that is the Cambridge Diet. Its not for everyone but for those who feel motivated by seeing results quickly its fab and i thoroughly recommend it.

I started my diet on friday Jan 2nd and by Wednesday 7th i had lost 3lbs and 3 inches! One from each of my bust, waist and hips. Its quite a hard diet because it consists of only soups, shakes, porridge, pasta and bars plus loads of water. They are all in sachet form so you just add water to make them bu they actually dont taste too bad. Its also a diet which you can lose weight on without the need for lots of exercise. Its formulated so that you get all the nutrients and vitamins your body needs while still being very low in calories.

Anyway starting weight 11stone 6 lbs. Target weight 8stone 10lbs. I want to get rid of all the excess weight by the summer so i can look hot in a bikini again! I have prepared some meatballs tonight and garlic butter as tomorrow we have some friends coming round for dinner after a dog walk. Im cooking meatballs and pasta with garlic bread for them (all made from scratch cept for the pasta and the bread) and foook me did it smell bleeding awsome while i was making it! I am SO tempted to cheat on my diet and join in for dinner tomorrow but i know it'll make the diet harder so im not going to. I will just have to make do with looking at it and smelling the food lol.
P.S i also hope it tastes ok cos of course i cant 'test' the food that im cooking for other people either! Makes it kinda hard to season stuff but hey ho lol.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 07:16 PM
foudn this great site btw - that counts the calories in the food that you ahve eaten daily

i consumed 1300 calories today - not enough cos i feel like cr*p lol - but all the wrong foods anyhow!

so im off to asda tomorow morning to pick up some salads etc for the week and to plan my meals better!!

its calorie count dot com
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Suze is there an about in there coz i canni find it....
Dont worry, cider has affected my eye sight. x
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 07:37 PM
ohh yes there is sorry *blushes* lol

calorie count dot about dot com

its really good - really accurate and scary too
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2009, 03:04 PM
im sooo confused,,,,

ok today so far.... i have eaten a bowl of soup and 2 slices of bread (im amazed how many calories ths flipping bread has init!!)

planning to have a snack of an apple about half 3 (when i get my but round the shop) - then an banana later on....

for tea im having a bad tea - a microwave rib thingy and soem chips *naughty* - nothin else in lol!

still all comes to around 850 calories and my food log is saying its all good

tbh im not trying to make myself ill and i lvoe food - just need to eat more healthy (shopping tomorow)! - but what am i potentially doing wrong here/?

Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Yeehaa
Well started on my diet (kind of a prey model for humans, lots of fresh meat, fruit, veg, nuts and dairy but no other carbs) and I have lost 5lbs so far, another one or 2 and I will officialy become overweight not obese and I havent been hungry at all
The food focus is good for me to keep a track too, but I am not really calorie counting, huge fruit salad for breckie with yoghurt. Nuts and veggies for lunch if I am hungry and 2 portions meat with lots and lots of roast veggies for tea

Really weird but for the 1st time ever I am not hungry and forget to even eat sometimes!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I'd like to join too, I have been putting on so much weight and I am fed up with it I am 5ft 10 but at the moment a size 20 and I HAVE to do something about it.

Picture of me at friends wedding (look at my arms )

I have no idea how much I weigh as I am too scred to weigh myself

I want my goals to be inch loss, so would like to fit comfortably into a 16. I put on a dress last night and cried....my tummy now has a pouch, like when someone has just had a baby, it was terrible.

I am going to drink more water as I hardly drink any fluids at all, except wine, and prob far too much of that. I am also going to eat breakfast and try to do something physical every day, OH walks dog a lot now. I am also going to go swimming (once I can fit into cossie)

If anyone has any tips for motivation and how to keep going PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Well................
The eating hasn't been that controlled but the exercise over the weekend has been most agreeable. The poor dogs have got sore feet they've been walked so far lol

I'm not a complete nut btw, I have a holiday coming up, so don't think bad of me when I tell you that I have taken the bf treadmill to work!!!! some days we can sit waiting for a job for hours so I'm going to walk all day whilst I wait instead of sitting on my bum and getting even fatter lol
Good luck for everyone for the next week incase I don't get back on for a few days
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Water is the way to go.
You can do it. x
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Benzmum - my motivation is a gorgeous pair of combats that too small for me. They're black with butterflies painted on. Maybe you coul buy something lovely to wear that's a bit too small (like one dress size too small). Then when you can fit in that, get a size smaller

I can't be bothered with calorie counting - can't get my head around it. I'm just trying to cut out allthe crap and not eat inbetween meals.

I had porridge with blueberries and honey for brekkie, beans on wholemeal toast for lunch and homemade spag bol for tea.

I had two chocolate truffles earlier but I didn't even enjoy them....OMG what's happening to me!!!!!!

I don't have scales in my house so have to go to mum's to weight myself. Might just do it once a month though.
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »