Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Really? How upsetting.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 01:42 PM
I think the dogs defo there, but they are trying the hard sell, oldest trick in the book, oh someone else is coming to see him and if you dont get here first, hard lines sort of thing,
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2008, 01:46 PM
That sounds about right Shona
Lara_C
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2008, 01:49 PM
We'll see - won't be having the dog off them now anyway. Despite how lovely he sounds, they won't tell us the truth so I think we're better off leaving well alone. I feel sorry for the dog!
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:04 PM
My next door neighbour just got a greyhound from the dogs trust a few weeks ago now (and she works part time too, so fingers crossed for you) He was a racing dog, and he ended up with some nasty people who beat him with chains before the dogs trust had him poor guy. He is an absolute sweetheart though, and he is learning to play, loves chasing his ball and is also a 40mph couch potato My neighbour said she can't believe how lucky she has to have such a lovely boy, and I think he looks like bambi, he is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Good luck with your dog quest, a greyhound sounds perfect for you
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:15 PM
hi lara

sorry to hear about thunder but i think a greyhound will be lucky to find you !

There are the dogs trust and the specific greyhound charities. I wish you luck with your search.

dani
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Animal View Post
My next door neighbour just got a greyhound from the dogs trust a few weeks ago now (and she works part time too, so fingers crossed for you) He was a racing dog, and he ended up with some nasty people who beat him with chains before the dogs trust had him poor guy. He is an absolute sweetheart though, and he is learning to play, loves chasing his ball and is also a 40mph couch potato My neighbour said she can't believe how lucky she has to have such a lovely boy, and I think he looks like bambi, he is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Good luck with your dog quest, a greyhound sounds perfect for you
My friend got her's from here and works fulltime, being able to pop home at lunch etc.
http://www.clarksfarmgreyhounds.ik.c..._homepage.ikml
So nice to read a rescue which states 'we will consider most circumstances on their individual merit '. No blanket ban, ie if you work you can't have a dog full stop.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:30 PM
The dogs trust are very good and do consider everyone as well. We both work full time (my nan pops in at lunchtime) and they were happy for us to have Cassie from them.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:36 PM
If you google "lurcher link" website, they have some lovely lurchers and greyhounds seeking homes there.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm not too sure about the online application form. I think you have to go to your nearest Dog's Trust and they will be able to access the form you filled in online.

They are very good at matching a dog to you (I have/had quite a few 'special needs' when we first got Bryan) and they will be able to find a dog that suits your lifestyle.

I do agree that a greyhound is a great dog. I wanted one originally but my OH didn't But we got Bryan and I love the bones of him so it's ok.

Let us know how you get on. I'm really sorry those awful people messed you about so much x
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >