View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Thank you Brundog, I have nothing to hide! I did the best for my dog all the time, I would never EVER hurt or neglect him! I'm so livid I'm shaking!! I love Icon with all my heart, it is not my fault that the kennels around here aren't exactly brilliant! What would have been better I just left him at the RSPCA so he could be in kennels even longer?!?!?!?!

Let me make this loud and clear! I love him so so much that I could recognise that my life as it is was not making him happy so I have let myself hurt more than anything in the world to hand him over to someone else!!!!

Why would I post about all this all throughout if I was in any way shape or form causing any harm or damage to him?!?!?!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Lorna, just ignore what some people say. If you had anything to hide you wouldnt have posted on here, you wouldnt have been open and honest from the start. You have done the best for him in what was a difficult situation.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Sorry, but I am absolutely horrified at the pics, that dog is so emaciated it’s borderline cruelty (and that’s being charitable) it’s DISGUSTING and I hope he finds a decent forever home where he will be treated properly. It’s great that he’s been rescued before he got any worse so well done for that. However, I cannot understand why it seems ok to show such an appalling case on a public forum and show utmost sympathy to the person who has caused this. Double standards aren’t in it!
If you had bothered to read the ongoing posts from Lorna you would have realised that she did post about Icon's weight loss and that she was very worried about it as he lost it whilst he was in kennels, it was not down to Lorna at all. You of all people should know that dallys are not a breed that typically do well in a kennel environment and on top of that he has been suffering greatly with separation anxiety. Please think before posting such a comment next time without first looking at the facts.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Thank you guys, I'm trying to find old threads on here with Icon's pics in, just to show that he wasn't that thin when he was with me......there is also a thread about when he had to go into kennels when I moved and I was worried about how much weight he had lost and I was p***ed off as I wasn't warned before I picked him up!

I'm so upset I've got tears streaming down my face in anger and just frustrated that someone would think that I would neglect my baby boy!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Thank you guys, I'm trying to find old threads on here with Icon's pics in, just to show that he wasn't that thin when he was with me......there is also a thread about when he had to go into kennels when I moved and I was worried about how much weight he had lost and I was p***ed off as I wasn't warned before I picked him up!

I'm so upset I've got tears streaming down my face in anger and just frustrated that someone would think that I would neglect my baby boy!
To be quite honest I wouldnt look for the pictures, you dont have to prove to anyone how he looked.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks stormey xx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Sorry, but I am absolutely horrified at the pics, that dog is so emaciated it’s borderline cruelty (and that’s being charitable) it’s DISGUSTING and I hope he finds a decent forever home where he will be treated properly. It’s great that he’s been rescued before he got any worse so well done for that. However, I cannot understand why it seems ok to show such an appalling case on a public forum and show utmost sympathy to the person who has caused this. Double standards aren’t in it!
sorry you feel you had to take stronge words on this against LORNA, as i took those pics i see a happy dog playing enjoying life.
i don't blame Lorna for how Icon looks i blame the KENNELS as for a dog that got that thin in 2 wks there is a problem but that was not told to Lorna when she phoned to check on him and make sure there was no problems.

When i collect Icon from the kennels we was told that he was fine his Poos really good no problems, I can also tell you that is Crap because even i know that is wrong. I will also now tell you that after 1 night we have found out he has got Worms a really bad case of it which is why he is so thin he has been to the VETS and is getting treated as the vet has said " how can a Kennel leave a dog looking like that and not let anyone now"

But other than that he is very healthy which i have told LORNA as i have been speaking to her and txting her.

So thanks for turning a happy thread into a debate hope we never have to critze you on any of your dogs hun this is a large family here on dogsey i like that way, no reasron to have ago at someone for doing the right thing. So please if you can't say the right things at the right time keep quite.

god for bid you ever end up in a cituastion where you where in lornas shoes i would feel for the dogs as she has done nothing but love and care for icon and done the best thing for him no matter how much hurt she has gone through as well.

for everyone who does care thank you for all the kind words you have given to us and lorna it has been very hard for her but she will see Icon and i will be putting pics all the time so Yes you will see what worming a dog can do to help put weight on.

sorry if that affends anyone but i feel that Deccy went below the belt this time.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post

Don't bother hun, you don't have to prove yourself to anyone, the facts are there if she wants to look them up let her, if she cba then that is up to her not you. If you like I will post some pics of Maddy just after a bout of colitis and see what she has to say about them. (((hugs)))
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Lorna don't you dare beat your self up over this i dont blame you hun at all and no one else does exept silly. Do you really think i would of put pic's up of a dog that had been mistreated in a thread like this and keep adding pics.

i will not have you get upset over some thing that was not in your control so please for me and Icon stop i have said my peace on what i thought of the post. I am sick of how someone could say that nowing every thing that had been going its not like you did not tell any one it was not kept quite.

there my rant over.

ICON is doing great and its not lorna that was the problem.

let this thread go back to what it is a happy time for Icon in his new home having fun and lots of pics.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:23 PM
As you know Lorna, I am in a similar position you at the moment and I know exactly how much you are hurting, I also have no doubt that my dogs would shed weight if they were put into a kennel environment when they are so used to their home comforts, on the odd occasions my bitches have stayed at friends during their seasons they drop weight, they are eating well but there must be a degree of pining involved.

All I can say Lorna is that I'm proud that you did the right thing by him, and I know how hard it is to let them go, even though you have their best interests at heart.

Chin up, just look at his shiny bright eyes in the shot of him with his toy, there is no fear in them, just happiness and contentment. Once he has his worms sorted out and settled into his routine he will start to gain his weight back, I'm sure.

xxx
Page 6 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »