View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I spent most of the morning with Mum and she managed to walk to the bathroom with a helper each side of her, and I can't believe it! At this rate she'll be back in her lovely room in no time. The owner of the home is visiting her today, and she told me as soon as she gets the ok from the hospital that she's properly mobile she can go back. I have arranged that I go in every MORNING and wash mum, and that way I don't have to travel during the school run in the afternoon to visit her during their visiting hours. They were over the moon that I was helping them out, so they're all being very nice to me and Mum, and when I told mum this morning she called me a crafty cow!!! Lol! She must be feeling better

It's also pleased her because she doesn't like being rushed, she needs to be able to take her time with things like washing otherwise the nerves set in, and obviously these nurses are on a tight schedule to get them washed and up, whereas I am not! Good thinking hey!

All in all I'd say things are looking up. I don't like the idea that she's still got a catheter in, because that can cause an infection, BUT, considering she rings the bell every half an hour to use the toilet I can quite understand it coz they're so busy in there, and then they'll get fed up with her and take it out on her, so I'd rather it this way. I'm sure it won't be for long and it makes mum happier that she's not going to wet the bed, she's paranoid about that bit! She's back in the chair during the daytime now though. The pain is subsiding and nothing like the pain she's suffered for the past 8 weeks with the other fall, I'm sure they've fixed it now. Her last fall the other day was purely bruising.

Hopefully, the next update will be when they're moving her back to her little room in the care home, and then of course, further on down the road, she'll hopefully be coming back home! I live in hope!xxxxx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 12:53 PM
glad to hear things are working out!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Awwww H that is great news,glad to see you both keep your spirits up hun.Lol at her calling you a crafty cow,that would be my mum speaking too.Hope you make the most of your afternoons by resting or doing some nice retail therapy.Give your mum my highest regards,what a lady she is,xxxxxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Brilliant news H, you must be so relieved. Axxxx
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2008, 12:56 PM
That's great news Helena. Thinking of you and your mum.

Julie and Teddy
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 01:23 PM
progress sounds good H ............she should be back in her nice place in a few weeks i would say
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Nice positive news for a change, Aitch. Both you and your mum must be really pleased

x0x
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Really pleased to hear your good news, your Mum seems to be making a good recovery. Hospitals really are grateful if you offer to help with washing or feeding and will allow you in to do that, bet your Mum would rather it were you anyway. Ask about the catheter it may be there for your Mums convenience if she has shown stress if they do not appear the moment she rings they may even worry she will try to take herself to the bathroom.

Hope she continues to recover and will soon be back in her own room.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Aww that's brilliant news, been off the scene for a couple of days so really happy to read the update x
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Good news Helena im pleased for you and your mum hope shes in her little room soon bless her
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >