View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 10:21 AM
"I have no problem with people that hate dogs, each to there own, but why do some people acquire dogs and then not care for it? that really bewilders me?"

Bain of my life - again, miseducation? Maybe some people have a natural affinity, while others a natural cruelty? Or just missing compassion...like those amish breeders, that really hurts...
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1 View Post
I'm guessing by the some people comment you mean me jess as we do appear to 'lock horns' quite a lot.
I apologise if you think make 'horrid comments'...i would like to know what I've said that is 'horrid' though. Just because I don't agree with you Jess, doesn't make my comments horrid. I always try to be civil and poilte on these threads, no matter how heated debates may become.
I apologise if you feel I rip your posts to shreds...I'm not doing that intentionally at all. What I feel I am doing is debating and discussing on an internet forum and as I say I try to do it in a polite and civil manner. You obviously don't think I manage to do that, for that I apologise.
I am allowed my opinions though Jess...as are you...what's the point in debating if you can't express it?

Moobli...good way of moving it forward...
I have ALWAYS just loved animals...all of them, don't know how or where it came from, except that I think it may be genetic to be honest.
My family were farmers in Lithuania, the other side were farriers and owned big old Clydesdale horses and bred dogs...it's 'in'me ....but strangely not in my sister who hates anything furry....
See your making us all paranoid,
Ailsa I thought it was me that pi**ed her off, just as I checked with you the other day that I wasn't upsetting you when I kept disagreeing with you. I agree a healthy debate is about different opinions being discussed in a civilised manner.
Can we all please be a little less touchy it makes life too difficult.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 10:24 AM
We had a couple of dogs when I was growing up and i was probably the one in the house that had the most affinity with them...I adored them and it was mutual.
My great aunt had boxers and when we visited they wouldn't leave my side...including at bedtime, when they'd disppear and be found in bed with me having cuddles and tickles (with no encouragement of course) I was only 3 at the time.....
I had a pretend horse...he went everywhere...even the local bus conductor was known to stop other passengers getting on too close to me as I was leading my horse on...........must have been something in the air....
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

13-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
"I have no problem with people that hate dogs, each to there own, but why do some people acquire dogs and then not care for it? that really bewilders me?"

Bain of my life - again, miseducation? Maybe some people have a natural affinity, while others a natural cruelty? Or just missing compassion...like those amish breeders, that really hurts...
Amish breeders aside, if you have no liking of dogs why have them? same with kids really although that could just be lack of precautions, the same can't be said for dogs you have to actually go and get one, what's that all about?
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 10:27 AM
i have grown up with dogs all my life and i love them to bits my whole family loves dogs i am 1 of the lucky ones. my mum has 3 dogs now as well and we go round every week with all my dogs so its mad but would not have it any other way.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
See your making us all paranoid,
Ailsa I thought it was me that pi**ed her off, just as I checked with you the other day that I wasn't upsetting you when I kept disagreeing with you. I agree a healthy debate is about different opinions being discussed in a civilised manner.
Can we all please be a little less touchy it makes life too difficult.
Totally agree - these internet boards wouldn't survive (or even be interesting) if everyone kept saying "oh yes, I agree" all the time.

A healthy debate is a good thing. I keep an open mind and try to learn from others experience, or at least respect others opinions. I think some feel "picked on" when in fact it is just that their opinion differs to others. That's life
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 10:30 AM
''Can we all please be a little less touchy it makes life too difficult''

absolutely, if people don't try to make a 'debate' when there is none.
-------------------------------------

I just called my mum to ask her about Duke, and she said she thinks he was a boxer...which is odd, cos although their bodies are the type i like, they have heads only a mother could love...no offence boxer-lovers! It's down to personal taste, i like longer muzzles!
But odd that he may have been a boxer, perhaps it's the first breed I learned?
Also was thinking that kids may be scared of dogs from bad experience, but my sisters fiances brothers (yeah) kid hates dogs and he has only just started walking.... he has only ever met ours which ignore him...strange...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
''Can we all please be a little less touchy it makes life too difficult''

absolutely, if people don't try to make a 'debate' when there is none.
-------------------------------------
????????????????
Knowing full well that was directed at me, I'm leaving this thread as there is no need for that. I apologised if you took offence at my posts Jess.
I was enjoying the way this thread was developing, but I'm not staying around where there are comments like that being thrown.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 10:38 AM
I always loved GSDs (mainly thanks to Joyce Stranger's books I think) and Border Collies (thanks to my grandparents). I had an imaginary dog that would either by a GSD, a BC or a Rough Collie (because I loved Lassie and also a dog I walked called Han)

I also remember watching Jim'll Fix It where a young girl asked to hide out for a dog to find her (or something!) and they sent a bloodhound on her trail. The producers had spoken to the child's parents and at the end of the show they gave the girl a gift of a bloodhound puppy! I couldn't believe my eyes ... so the next week I wrote in and said I would like to appear on One Man & His Dog (hoping I would be given a collie pup ) Hmmm, no chance, I didn't even hear back! :smt002
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

13-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Come on guys this is silly. its not worth getting worked up about.
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >