Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm sorry I dont agree.

I know a world wide breeder ie sends sperm all over the world and there skin/heart problems are ignored
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 09:32 PM
thats it as far as we know he isn't chipped so we will get him done, i haven't got an vac card so again this will mean we need to get him a full course of jabs, then get him castrated which will all be arranged at the 1st visit at the vets.
his temperment is a typical boxer no hang up that i can see so considering his life so far is good.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Why would you have the vac card when you do not have the dog?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Jacquie, I appreciate that there are less than ethical breeders about. However this concerns one particular dog and one particular breeder

As for the vacc card - if Leo takes the dog and the present owner does not have his record of vaccs then a new lot + card will have to be arranged
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 10:00 PM
all i have is a few pieces of paper that have been passed on from the 2nd to the 3rd owner but there isn't a vac card in it, i don't know if she has it or if his vacs are upto date but it is some thing that we may need to sort out.

jaquie i know you do a great job helping the boxers you rescue but at the same time if there wasn't people like me prepared to give the dog a 2nd/3rd chance of a loving family and work out any issues the dog may have medically or otherwise where would that leave the dogs.
if i didn't have dogs he would be here with me now but because i have i need to take them in to account.
i would sooner put in the ground work needed to give the best chance or results between the dogs so we do take jack into our home and family.
i could go out tom and buy a pup bring it home and have no problems or issues to deal with but i am trying to help this boy out instead.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Why would you have vets records if you dont have the dog????? even if you dont have vets records ,you will have the last vet that treated the dog. For identi chips all that is needed is owner and phone number. not breed , colour, heart score ect. I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by jacquie
Why would you have vets records if you dont have the dog????? even if you dont have vets records ,you will have the last vet that treated the dog. For identi chips all that is needed is owner and phone number. not breed , colour, heart score ect. I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i haven't got any vet info or the vet he is under. this is some thing i need to find out, he isn't id chipped but when you get the dog chipped the paperwork asks for breed/colour etc as a form of id other than the owners details,
i have had both my leos id chipped but on the database your right it is only owners details they have linked to the chip number.
but you can put on your vets details as a point to take the dog for treatment if needed.
all the things you are asking has been covered in this thread, the breed,colour,heart scores is just info that i have found out about him and posted as updates to the thread.
can you honestly say to me that what i am trying to do in giving jack a new home is wrong, i was going to take him on depending on the dogs regardless of his colour etc just because he is a boxer who needs a chance.
he will be a pet no more no less.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

15-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Hi Jacquie

Not sure if you have misunderstood, but leo isn't getting the dog from a 'rescue' but as I understand it, she's getting it from someone local to her, therefore the procedures that are followed in a rescue situation are not nesc applicable here.

Originally Posted by jacquie
ok I understand that, but why do you seem to have such an issue with his colour, KC and pre fix name, heart score ect? .
I haven't read all the posts, but I guess everyones different and we all want to know different things. It's nice to see someone wanting to find out as much as possible about a dog they are thinking about taken on and not just jumping in feet first on a whim.

--------

It's also nice to see someone involved in rescue asking these questions as I'm sure it will help you better understand the point of view from prospective 'homes'

leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 11:03 PM
thats just it the more i know about him the better i can handle the situation and know what i am taking on good and bad.
the last thing this lad needs is for some one to jump in and end up looking for another home down the line, i dont mind the questions i have nothing to hide.
the better i know jack the better person i will be to deal with any issues he may have, at the end of the day i only want the best for him with me or not as the case may be.
all the dogs need to be happy around each other and thats the only thing that we are concerned about and why we are doing what we are doing.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6