View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Evening Helena they have picked on the wrong person to try to get one over on.
Have a nice weekend with Dave fingers crossed he is in a good mood.
Evening GB. yes I think I made the right call on that bungalow. Maybe in another life.
Enjoy the pizza and V&T.
Evening Sally I am off to watch Corrie too so will catch up later.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It really was off the beaten track just over 9 miles to the nearest town and vet. Lots of back windy roads and fen drains scarey if the roads are icy.
'evening Lynn

I'm almost sure I saw that place when I was looking, if it's a bungalow it would have come up on one of my searches. My first reaction was also how remote and isolated it was. We need some neighbours around for when we are away so that pretty much ruled it out for us as well.

BTW can you clear some PM's from your 'inbox' as I couldn't send you one last night (Wasn't all that urgent or such
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Well, caught up on some much needed sleep, had Miss Impatient (George) and Miss Demanding (Lenny) demanding their daily bimble by dirty protests and generally having tiny scaly tantrums till they got their wander around, and my goodness for little things they can fairly run. Kept nearly standing on them cause they would dash under my feet.

Having coffee and some chocolate. Relaxing tonight before getting on with things.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Evening Harvey cleared a couple of spaces.
The bungalow was in Sedge Fen.
Lorraine enjoy the chocolate and your rest you have more than earned it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Small achievement to report. I put on my best 'no nonsense' voice and said to Jen and Dan - do I REALLY have to make a special visit to the vet just to get those few nails trimmed? She was good as gold when I held her head while vet picked up each paw in turn and did them all. (I did not expect her to be so good for any of us - just want someone who won't let her wet wiggly fish performance result in her snatching a paw away or, worse, shoving it further into the clippers at the crucial 'snip second'.

Jen did the deed and madam now has her nails trimmed all round with not very much drama really. I mean she won't 'talk to me' for about 3 days but hey - didn't have to lug her to the vet!

3 boys gone upstairs to watch vids with their new pals and I've dropped Dan, Em and Holly at our favourite taverna, introduced them to the owner Petro and left them there to have a lovely meal.

Jen and I had planned to play cards and have a drink but I am a bit too tired to drink and we are both a bit brain dead so she is reading her book and I am checking out flights for her return to UK and not finding much under 500 quid at the mo! So gave up doing that and checked in here.

I am hoping everyone with trials and tribulations at the mo will find things easing off soon. And Lynn - I am not worried about being on my own (just as well as I've now been in that state for well over a decade!) but 'in the middle of nowhere' wouldn't suit me AT ALL. I think of times like when I got the spidey bite - and couldn't drive - or when I had the leg injury and ditto - couldn't bluddy walk let alone drive lol!

And, whether it is fact or not, I just imagine more nasty entomological species inhabiting more remote areas! We've been so lucky here this year - nothing that bites or stings around since early spring. Dan n Em are really surprised how they don't see any.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
One is a gsd/rottie x, one is a husky x and one a staffie cross, not exactly the kind of dogs that have a submissive personality are they! I wouldn't mind if they kept themselves to themselves, but they don't, they see us and they all charge so I have to leg it, WHY?????
It's the 'pack' instinct, each on it's own maybe wouldn't happen but together and not supervised or on lead them recipe for trouble. But as always there's some people you just can't talk to.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Moyra - I really hope you get a good night sleep after your 'trying' day and sorry to hear about all your bites on your hands. Mozzies love me .... not sure why 'cos I hate them .
June - I love the photo 'your rock' but where were the fluffy cushions, foot stool, coffee table and drinks .... I assume those just come out of storage when you need them Your walks always sound so interesting I too love the old photos and I found one on the postcard section of ebay of the estate I live on which us to be a campsite
Helena - Stick to your guns about that commission you are owed .... I've no doubt you will Enjoy your weekend.
Girliebiker - Enjoy your pizza, drink and the peace before the OH returns to the fold.
Lynn - One day in the next month or so you will suddenly wake up and feel excited about that lovely cottage in Upwell.
Hi Sally see you l

Incidentally for those that missed Harvey's (Loso) good news the offer he put in on the house he wants to buy has been accepted. He is at present driving through Germany .... how do I know this 'cos he left his post on yesterday's thread

My OH has arrived safely in Wales after nearly a 5 hour journey as the traffic was bad. The roads round here are grid lock and have been for hours due to the M25 being closed by us between jcts 10 - 11. I feel so sorry for the people trying to get to Heathrow or Gatwick or simply just stuck for hour upon hour on the motorway. I detest the M25 as it seems to be blocked more than running freely.

Off to make myself a meal in my peaceful house
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Oh I thought those of you who followed the 'Bella and the daybed saga' might like an updated piccie lol!

I wouldn't say she is 'miffed' about this but ... as soon as they all vanished upstairs she got on it (is still on it) even though she prefers to be under it in this weather - well over 40deg today! She is re-staking her claim to it!

And a good 'action shot' from the pool earlier today - 2 of the lads with 2 of their new pals
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 07:34 PM
JENNY G,good to hear hubby arrived safely Hate a Saturday night on my own Going to have a few in a row coming up shortly
LORE,can you chuck me over some coffee,just noticed I've ran out!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Hi Pat you snuck in. Well done for persuading your daughter to help in trimming Bella's nails. What good girls (both of them ). That is the only thing that I refuse to do now, I use to with my last dog but these two make such a ruddy fuss it really isn't worth it. I hope you find cheaper flights for Jen.
Harvey - I'm confused ... you've found your way back from 'Thursday's' thread Congratulations on the offer being accepted on the house.
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »