View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Oh dear Lynn ((((((((hugs))))))), he's right, it has to feel right doesn't it We've even viewed places, we've turned around after stepping in the front door, much to the EA's dissaproval but when you know it's not right, then it's just not. I liked those last 2 links you posted up yesterday, I really had good vibes, especially the village location one with that new wood kitchen, so much space too, such a shame You have to remember also, that these EA's use special lenses, and you can always tell with the kitchens cos the cookers look ridiculous and wide, so you know when you get there, that kitchen aint gonna be as big as it looks on the pics, so bear that in mind when you're viewing the photo's, if that cooker or fridge looks wide, you can halve the size of that kitchen! I think it's very wrong the way they're allowed to do this, I remember a garden on a house over here I viewed, it was the size of a postage stamp when I got there and yet the pictures made it look like there was room for a pony!

If it's any consolation I've had a pretty rubbish day too, although the hair went ok, lovely vibrant deep scarlet, it's identical in colour now to that doctor on Casualty who has the longer bob, and I know I should be going lighter in me old age, but the hairdresser said these short bobs only look good when they're dark and he's right. He didn't cut it though, and I told him how rubbish his last cut was, so he chopped into the back to make it look more angled and it's ok, I shall just grow it more before I let him loose on it again. I couldn't have the mauve he said cos I might not like it and might not be able to carry it off, so he decided on this "vegetable" colour he's given me which is a semi, and if I like it (which I do) then in 4 weeks time he will do the permanent more mauvy one.

Anyhoooooo, the worst part of my day was.........when I got a phone call after lunch from the guests in Van 2 YEP! Brand new boiler installed last Friday, at a cost of £600, and guess wot??? Pilot light went out I've voiced my "concerns" with the plumber who put it in, cos I cannot get hold of my own plumber who is probably still laid up in bed with a bad back WTF?! I've told him to dismantle the whole of the flu (which wasn't replaced with the boiler) and clean it all out and check that it's doing its job cos it surely MUST be the flue, cos there's nothing else that it could possibly be now? The gas comes in through a pipe, goes into the NEW boiler and voila, you have hot water, so why oh why oh whyyyyyy does the new boiler have the same problem?? I will tell Dave in a min when he rings, maybe he can throw some light on it cos he seems to know everything about everything. Yet another "notice" to go up in the van then, and I hate inconveniencing my guests, even though she said it's not a problem, it's easy to light, it's not on when you've just spent £600 to cure a problem that hasn't gone away
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Pereg had her 7am meds and then 20 minutes later, just when I thought we were going to have a lie-in she had a major Grand Mal seizure. I guess I should have expected it after yesterday's diabolical performance and no, they are nowhere to be seen so I will not be able to get out for the foreseeable future and yet I have just seen the old boy from the house next door the other side trundling along on his scooter so they have obviously made some sort of facility for him to drive out and drive back again.

Poor Pereg - only made 24 days seizure-free and I do not think this was a one-off. She is most unhappy and still very disorientated from the seizure and I am expecting another one any minute.

Now have a ton of bed linen to wash and make up the bed with fresh once the bed has had a chance to air.
This just seems so outrageous to me. Just having got back from the UK where, if someone even blocks your drive slightly, you can call the police and, if they cannot find the owner within minutes - they tow the ****** away and they pay heavily for the privilege (even if they don't tow them).

You say you would not want to live anywhere on earth other than where you live now but it doesn't sound as if it is a 'good' place for someone who is elderly and disabled to live. Even Cyprus is bounds ahead of that when it comes to getting medical help out to those who need it at any time of day or night and the natives are definitely MUCH more friendly.

I'd have needed two taxis a day for weeks after my spider bite were it not for neighbours who were falling over themselves to offer lifts. And when I had my big accident in the UK and returned here hardly able to walk I had people knocking every day to ask if I needed anything from the shops, needed the dog taken out, and bringing me food and just walking in and doing my dishes etc!

In turn, I have taken neighbours and their kids and babies to the hospital and docs and for routine checks more times than I can count (last month took one to a doc and paid for her checkup as I was so worried about her and she couldn't afford it).

You've lived there so long and have no one who will come to your aid - I find that very sad and more than a bit depressing too. Hell - here we even call around asking if anyone wants to go to Lidls or to the capital, Nicosia if any of us are making the trip as quite a few don't have transport and, even if they do - well one car is better than two.

I would not be considering it was the best place for me to live even in my state of health which is a hell of a lot better than yours. Just so much stress whether on account of your own health, the mobility difficulties, the dog's health. They should be ashamed in this day and age to offer so little (or even nothing) to the weakest members of their society.

In a list of around 200 countries in the world, ranked by wealth, whether by GDP, World Monetary Fund, CIA or waddever, Israel ranks around 30th. Only 10 or so places behind the UK and way ahead of countries like Cyprus, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czech Rep, Portugal, Malta, Russia, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece. I'd be making so much noise about their abysmal record regarding the care of the infirm and elderly.

Rant over - off my soapbox but it does make me angry considering it is hardly a third world country and certainly doesn't consider itself to be so.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 05:40 PM
THERE IS A HOUSE FOR YOU OUT THERE!!!! Lynn, you just haven't found it yet, but when you do...it will have the WOW factor you want and feel just right. Dont make "do" and dont compromise too much.

Hope the hair do is going OK, not seen Helena on at all this afternoon

I ended up underneath my van, the bodge job eversuffering husband did on my exhaust that passed two MOT's, fell off....so had to do another bodge job to last till the weekend when he can redo my bodge job unless it all holds...

Just had a storm, bit of rumblings and light rain, now all dry again.

Hang on in there TW.

Am off to find a beer and finish my book.

OH there you are H
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Was that Mrs Pat I hear,giving off in the background
Great to hear you,even if you do sound cross
I take it you enjoyed your break?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Forgot you were in Ireland Eileen until I read that very Irish 'giving off' my sis in law says 'giving out'
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Where is your SIL from ZOE?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Was that Mrs Pat I hear,giving off in the background
Great to hear you,even if you do sound cross
I take it you enjoyed your break?
Fabulous and got to see so many people in my family (apart from my kids) that I haven't seen for ages. Went far too quickly.

Tip from me for house hunting (having hunted many!) two words - FLOOR PLAN. Do not rely on photographs and even room dimensions can be misleading if they take recesses, alcoves, door way bits (even windowsill depth - yes - viewed an ancient thick walled cottage with DEEP windowsills either end that they'd counted in the room length making it about 3ft longer!) into account when putting the size of the room. I take it as a given that ALL photos will be misleading. You only have to look at the angle some are taken from (like they climbed on a chair to take it) or the distortion like fish eye to widen pics.

Sometimes even a room that sounds a good size on pape can turn out to be pretty useless if the doors are positioned such that you are very restricted as to where furniture goes or you have to keep most of it clear for a 'walkway through'. Or if you see that the conservatory contains the dishwasher or F/Freezer - who wants to walk into another room to stack dishes in a dishwasher or get a bottle of milk out? It will usually be because there is no room in the kitchen.

Have uploaded loads of photos but now off to soak in a bath and will try to organise some later.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Evening all, not really here yet but will be shortly!

So sorry Lynn that those houses were not right - but nil desperandum, that perfect house is definitely out there just waiting for you.

back ere long.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2013, 06:34 PM
There is so much to read and I am now trying to throw some tea together so I will just send out massive (((HUGS))) for those that need them and it sounds like many do.

Helena cannot believe the problems with the boiler again.
Pat if only most of them had floor plans on the internet when looking. Many with the floor plans we have rejected straight away not bothering even to view.
Malka I am hoping Pereg has had no more seizures.
Good luck with the house hunting Harvey.

As Gorden pointed out it isn't just about the house it is about the whole move. Something emotionally I am not ready to do yet but have been given no choice.
So this house if and when we find it as we can't let Tom and Lisa down now has got to literally wow the socks off me. When you see socks flying across the sky you will know Lynn has found her new home.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 06:38 PM
I seem to be having a slight language barrier today.
SALLY," back ere long"??
Page 6 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »