Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 06:40 PM
For jenny.g - a postcard Jen bought for me

Now all the news is turning good!
Emmis got her degree.
Broken w/mach came back to life.
My Martin's bosses have arranged for him to give his presentation on Monday afternoon! (he's waited over a month)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Evening all - rather wet and extremely windy here today, with just the odd glimpse of sun.

Going to have a read through the thread properly now, so see what's what, but I did spot that you did really well Emmis so massive congratulations to you
Evening Sally sorry to hear the weather has been awful for you.
I have Gorden well trained.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Emmis got her degree.
My Martin's bosses have arranged for him to give his presentation on Monday afternoon! (he's waited over a month)
Pat.
Makes a change for some good news. Good news for Martin.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi Lynn........Corrie's finished and not much else on now really, so ought to get on with some research but am not really in the mood!

Tang, great news for Martin there
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 08:16 PM
It is rubbish tonight isn't it ?

Dillon is having a lets play session all because I wanted to tickle his tummy. He has left me alone though and is pestering Gorden which means they should both sleep well hopefully.

When is Carl going to get his come uppance he is seriously doing my head in now.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Me too Lynn - this has gone on for quite long enough now, and I suspect that some new evidence will suddenly crop up totally out of the blue; I flipping hope so!! Perhaps Carl will talk in his sleep or something

I keep seeing an advert that really really annoys me - not for the content, but for the begging for money. It's the one by the NSPCC asking for everyone to give £2 a week to help children..........absolutely nothing wrong in that, except can anyone tell me what has happened to all those millions and millions raised by Children in Need?? I wonder how many people who worked hard to raise money, or who gave generously, are feeling a little fed up.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Me too Lynn - this has gone on for quite long enough now, and I suspect that some new evidence will suddenly crop up totally out of the blue; I flipping hope so!! Perhaps Carl will talk in his sleep or something

I keep seeing an advert that really really annoys me - not for the content, but for the begging for money. It's the one by the NSPCC asking for everyone to give £2 a week to help children..........absolutely nothing wrong in that, except can anyone tell me what has happened to all those millions and millions raised by Children in Need?? I wonder how many people who worked hard to raise money, or who gave generously, are feeling a little fed up.
Quite agree trouble is you watch the advert and it can't help but pull at your heartstrings.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Well, all I can say is that you two are flipping lucky...........my OH would not even know how to turn the washing machine on, let alone select a programme
Lynn and I are the lucky ones thenMy OH knows how things work but that doesn't mean he ever uses them . Sally, did you ever finish that painting you were doing for someone's wedding of a church?

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Emmis got her degree.
Thanks Pat, that is wonderful My birthday cards and Xmas cards are always 'funny' ones. Did you lob that broken TV over the balcony or have you taken the whole thing apart and studiously working out which electrical component needs replacing? I can't believe he walked round to you carrying it.

Lynn - Your description of Gorden and Dillon playing which would result in them both sleeping well really made me laugh ... but is hopefully true.

I took the dogs out about 1/2 hour ago in the hope that they would perform and would only need a wee in the garden much later before bed ..... what a waste of time that was. 20 yards in front of us were 5 weeny fox cubs who couldn't have been more than 5-6 weeks old and an adult. They weren't scared of us, more inquisitive and they just carried on playing while my two were going ballistic, screaming on the end of their leads On our stretch of road there are at least 6 adult foxes (two of whom have mange) and now two litters, one of 5 cubs and one of 3. Too blinking many and so destructive. What we need here is an illegal fox hunt!!! This time last year a 4 month old kitten was taken, 1 rabbit beheaded and a poodle attacked who survived but had to have many stitches.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Quite agree trouble is you watch the advert and it can't help but pull at your heartstrings.
Also all these charities that advertise on TV are spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on the adverts Money that has been donated!! There is a very well known childrens hospital and apparently they have so much money that they don't actually know now what to spend it on
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Glad I am not the only one to be slightly disconcerted by these adverts.

Jenny, I not only finished that painting but the lady decided to buy it - she seemed very pleased so that's good.

Oh bad luck having those foxes - they really can be a blooming pest especially when diseased, or "urbanised" so that they have little fear. No hunting, illegal or otherwise until the Autumn and by then you will be overrun
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Your walk sounded eventful jenny.

Dillon nabbed me for a game in the garden he has a large plastic flower pot which he picks up and then he can't see so I chased him round the garden and we did silly things and had a good play. Thing is he doesn't run away he comes at you even chasing round the table.
It wore him out he is now laying at my feet snoring.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >