View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Oh poor Ash! Well, not really; he's having a wonderful time with you but I am sorry to hear this. Poor you then because you'll have more expense until a home is found. And poor Ash's family if they've suffered so much that they can't have him.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 05:15 PM
June, I didn't have to look far, you took some lovely pics today of the family on your walk, I showed Dave, then I showed him the picture of Rose with her Loki, and now I'm looking for a picture of your Loki Linda, but all I'm getting is a "yeah" but nothing much else It don't look too good 'ere for me but then I knew it wouldn't. I'm very persistent though ya know, and if it was 20 years ago I'd be able to come and collect him tonight if I passed your strict regime June
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2013, 05:17 PM
This is the other Saga been running in the background along with the Arctic Storm in German Rescue, I've had quite a week one way and another. They are going to have to relocate to Saudi for the forseeable future, and they don't want to subject Ash to the climate or the fact in their words 'dogs aren't made very welcome' I had a feeling something like this was on the cards, hence my email to them last weekend, just enquiring about general stuff like collection and an update on him in general. I got the most heartbreaking email from them, they are quite literally heartbroken as they have been waiting for this Little Man for a very long time, and now this has happened. His new daddy has to take over as Chairman of the company now his Uncle has passed away, it was all so unexpected and you would never have even imagined this scenario in your wildest dreams. He had plans for an entirely different life once the company was merged I assure you, and they included Ash in a big way, now all that has had to be put away till whenever.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Oh dear tha'ts sad especially for the family. Ash does have a lovely home for now and will of course be re-homed under strict supervision from yourself but I am sure you could of done without this unexpected news.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2013, 05:22 PM
I did have a couple of people with babies from previous litters, one in particular has been in love with Ash since day one virtually, but they have their place up for sale and nothing is happening as yet, they need a bigger place for their business and until t hat happens they don't feel able to take on another one, they do want one but they have given it a heck of a lot of thought and it would not be practical or workable, and they are gutted as well. I am to be honest because it would have been the most fabulous home, the dog of mine they already have (litter brother to Arctic Storm) has become a bit of a Star on here in his own right (I'm talking about Taran) and they have done a marvellous job with him and I wouldn't think twice about it, but I did have the feeling it is the wrong time, however I did make them the offer of him because you have to make your own decisions and other people can't make them for you, but my gut feeling was that they couldn't take him on, and so it turned out.
As long as you convert to raw feeding Helena, I will leave the door open for you tonight then shall I
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I did have a couple of people with babies from previous litters, one in particular has been in love with Ash since day one virtually, but they have their place up for sale and nothing is happening as yet, they need a bigger place for their business and until t hat happens they don't feel able to take on another one, they do want one but they have given it a heck of a lot of thought and it would not be practical or workable, and they are gutted as well. I am to be honest because it would have been the most fabulous home, the dog of mine they already have (litter brother to Arctic Storm) has become a bit of a Star on here in his own right (I'm talking about Taran) and they have done a marvellous job with him and I wouldn't think twice about it, but I did have the feeling it is the wrong time, however I did make them the offer of him because you have to make your own decisions and other people can't make them for you, but my gut feeling was that they couldn't take him on, and so it turned out.
As long as you convert to raw feeding Helena, I will leave the door open for you tonight then shall I
Oh that did make me larf, and I have no answer to that except for .............. yes please!!!!!!

Very sad to hear the full story there June, and of course that other couple sound fab if they sell their house soon. Either way, it's not urgent, he's happy along with being so gorgeous he'll be wanted by just about everyone who see's him, but of course, it has to be the very right home for him doesn't it, these dogs can't just go to anyone, bit like the gsd's, they're speshul aren't they and need proper training let alone the right feeding.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 05:34 PM
We lost our internet and phone this afternoon while bt replaced the telegraph pole and lines and now we have intermittent bb and a fault on the phone,can't receive incoming calls and can't dial out
Bt have acknowledged we have a fault and may charge us,don't think so,your fault not our's.

Lizzie has had a good time at Crufts but they didn't spend long enough there

Tried to get hold of a muzzle for Meg today, and even the pet shop doesn't have one so looks like buying one online,I have ordered her some JWB cereal free fish and veg food online this morning from pets at home,got £8.50 off and free delivery

O/H treated me to fish & chips at lunchtime so it's something light for tea tonight.It's been a miserable day here.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Hi Sal, oh yes, Bt are well known for that according to Dave, he's forever getting his chopped off at work because of something their end, and it's vital for him in the workplace both phone and internet. I doubt they'll be charging you, cos they can only do that once it's inside your front door, otherwise, it's down to them.

Oooooo fish and chips, and now washing up Sal!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2013, 05:40 PM
I shouldn't be, after that nice lunch at TGI Fridays, but you've convinced me, Fish Chips and mushy peas please
Off to feed the rabble now, plus my guest, him and Lona are BF's now, well they were last time I looked at any rate
Will take him and Lona on the river tomorrow, he is getting a bit better with me now and not so shy, so if he is OK with me tomorrow we will go on the river and I will take some piccies, he is a big soft lump Ash is following him round adoringly
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
June, I didn't have to look far, you took some lovely pics today of the family on your walk, I showed Dave, then I showed him the picture of Rose with her Loki, and now I'm looking for a picture of your Loki Linda, but all I'm getting is a "yeah" but nothing much else It don't look too good 'ere for me but then I knew it wouldn't. I'm very persistent though ya know, and if it was 20 years ago I'd be able to come and collect him tonight if I passed your strict regime June

Share???

Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »