View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Brierley, I don't know the whole story coz I don't generally read or post in this section but I will say that I went through hell on Keppra. Doctors seem to be in denial about a lot of the side effects many people have suffered on it.

Fingers crossed all turns out okay whatever the problem is.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
last week someone came off the plane wearing a pair - I AM SORRY, but wellies are not for flying in,
OMG what a shock, DD there is no need to apologise

Makes me glad I won't ever have to get in an aeroplane again
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I've not posted on the forums today.

Been out shopping and have had lots to do here, and just stuff, you know?

I was pleased to read some progress is being made with Chris's son.

Hope you are all doing ok... and not being too naughty (yep I'm looking at you Malka )
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Now, talking of Christmas twees I think we ought to start a Christmas Tree thread shouldn't we,
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY what a great idea *runs off to start one with a pic of my tree *
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Now, talking of Christmas twees I think we ought to start a Christmas Tree thread shouldn't we, I love seeing everyone's Christmas trees sparkling.
Oh noooooooooooooo I haven't put ours up yet and I'm not sure where they are and SWMBO wants some lights outside this year, we had some a few yars ago but they need 'looking at' last I remember was they blew the fuses and we was all in darkness and only Bara and Rianna knew where the hell anything was

But, thanks to you and one other I may be able to post piccies
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Mine won't be going up till a lot nearer Christmas, around Christmas Eve usually.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 10:40 PM
No tree here either.

House is in turmoil, no space anywhere. AND I want a real one this year and I'm worried if we get it now all the pine needles will be gone in a couple of weeks.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Well that was a tad chilly. At least I had more than one cadet to teach and I think the detachment commander was happy his inspection went well.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Yes, that's definitely an "I'm sorry but" moment getting off the plane in a pair of Hunters isn't it!

Well let's hope they stick to their word this time and move the poor lad over to Pilgrim, at least it's going to make it so much easier for your daily visits there chris. All the best with the results of the MRI and the chat with that consultant's registrar tomorrow, don't let that blood pressure boil over when you try and get some answers!

That was THE thing about our old Hunters wasn't it, not only the clunk of those buckles, but the height of them, unlike your normal run of the mill (cheap!) wellies. I remember mine were like fag paper on the inside of the leg through years of riding my horse in them, and that eventually went into holes, hence they had to be binned, that was a sad day coz at the time I just couldn't afford to replace them I won't be getting any more Hunters then, I'll stick with my walking boots.

Evening old Bean Now I had you down as an old Hunter girl, well, not in the "old" as in yourself, but more in the "old days" of when they used to be the thaing to wear, let alone to have them hanging out the back of the old Range Rover lol, had one of them too!! *takes a quick slurp of magic bottle* Now, talking of Christmas twees I think we ought to start a Christmas Tree thread shouldn't we, I love seeing everyone's Christmas trees sparkling. Mine has its own lights (when Dave gets it out of the loft for me) so I just plug it in, but I do throw a bit of sparkly stuff on it here and there along with a few balls.

I hope he's going to find my flashing snow lights for this front balcony, coz I've already bought some red berry lights for the two potted little trees up there, so it'll look great from outside, plus we can see it ourselves through the patio doors. Oh I'm getting aaaaaalll excited now about my decorations, I hope I can hold out till next Friday when Dave comes home.

Yes, you and me both, I really must get down to some other work here apart from this place, but I'll keep popping in for the occassional slurp from your magic bottle
First highlight.........yes I WAS a Hunter wellie girl, fine for general work around the stables (had rather lovely leather boots for riding - plus a spare pair which used to belong to Twiggy, and YES I could get into them ), but walking the dog through the fields was out of the question. Perhaps I just walk oddly

Second highlight.........that is blinking cheating old bean, and I am surprised at you Not good enough, oh no indeedy. It is definitely not Christmas until you have struggled with the untangling of the lights and checking to see if they still work or not, then spent hours trying to drape them to best effect around the tree Still, the tree thread is a brilliant idea......and for each tree posted we should celebrate with a slurp of dry sherry and a mince pie.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I've got 2 Senior Norties, a Junior Nortie and a New Born Nortie,
there are NO MORE ENTERING THIS HOUSE
Hah......famous last words being spoken there

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
OMG what a shock, DD there is no need to apologise

Makes me glad I won't ever have to get in an aeroplane again
Again, famous last words!!!

Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY what a great idea *runs off to start one with a pic of my tree *
Oh goody goody

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
No tree here either.

House is in turmoil, no space anywhere. AND I want a real one this year and I'm worried if we get it now all the pine needles will be gone in a couple of weeks.
Definitely too early for a real one..........but they are well worth the wait aren't they, that lovely pine smell for a start. We always had real ones at the old place, and trying to get them out after Christmas without too many needles dropping was hilarious; we tried all manner of methods, but none of them worked! I did used to feel a little shocked when throwing them on the bonfire because they went up like a bomb. Talk about a fire hazard You don't hear of trees catching fire in the house tho do you, and after all, the Victorians used to put real candles on theirs.

Quick chotah peg is in order whilst I browse the threads
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6