Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
It's a lovely place to go to, just finding your way back is a problem, but I think once you've been a few times you would know where everywhere led. I didn't even know where I had left the car, that was the major problem
Your sense of direction sounds as bad as mine I had the sat nav on my phone going last week in Liverpool cause I couldn't find my way back to the station after I'd been for a wander round the back streets & got lost.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2012, 05:10 PM
I was on my knees by the time I found where I had left the car
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Stayed nice here all afternoon. Took Cariad for a walk round and then got Lona and Mabs out, just a few spots of rain, but nothing major.Am having a lazy afternoon now, just one more thing to iron, that's all, but then again there is another load of stuff coming up as I have got my bedding in the washer and t-shirts and jeans of mine drying, plus puppy bedding drying, like a laundry here at the moment. Need to do a bit of hoovering again I think as the vet bed seems to drop everywhere
Hope your sofa has arrived this afternoon Malka, I still don't know what or where the options thing is on the Mac Lynn so you are one up on me!!! Also no idea what it does when you find it
Not a lot its still playing up.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Afternoon all. it's been a glorious afternoon weather wise here - just to make everybody down south jealous. . I did get wet this morning though but this afternoon while it was so nice I decided to go for a proper walk - fed up going round the park every day. I got the bus up to an old colliery site where they have made it into a community park type thingy & put a big statue of a big girls head on it.
http://www.visitsthelens.com/country...helens-p197871
Walking round there & then back home was nearly 5 miles so I'm shattered now.
I'm only just able to catch up with everybody now as the Internet was down this morning. I think it came down in sympathy with everybody else's puter problems.

Hope everybody's problems are better by now.
Sorry to see all the flooding round the country. We haven't had it anywhere near as bad. Everywhere is soggy though
Afternoon TM.
5 miles We are lucky with the flooding too. Soggy underfoot but no flooding thank goodness.
I hope you have your feet up now.

Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Hi everyone - glad to see you are ok!

Went to the BBC news site and saw all the flood stories - 800 homes have been flooded so thought I'd better check to see if Nippy and all our Devon/Cornwall/High risk area members have posted today!

EmmiS - what you didn't fancy a swim?

Stay safe everyone!
Afternoon Azz.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Afternoon all,

I was expecting to be back earlier today, but the course overran. So was out on the flag point from 8.30 to 3pm with no break and more importantly nowhere to wee apart from a bush! Was on another flag this time, quieter. One large boat and a plane which kept going around. I think it must have been on a holding pattern cause range control said Inverness airport was clouded over.

The wee sentry box we sit in is on a raised platform with wood round it and a bit of concrete sloping down to the ground. Went out to have a look along the shore, slipped and fell on said concrete on my behind. Which now is very painful to sit on. I'm just grateful there was no-one there to see me...

Got to the point where I was so cold I wrapped the spare flag round me to try to warm up....didn't work though. I did bring my gas stove with me so put that on for a while. That worked for a wee while.

I got back about an hour ago cause I had to do some shopping. Once dinner is cooked I'm having a hot bath, hitting the books for a while then going to bed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Evening Lorraine.
You are a braver woman than me. Enjoy that well earned hot bath.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Evening everyone

Here's the magic bottle - I had to give it a service this morning because the virtual alcohol seemed a little strong

Good to see that you are all safe and sound, and as always the puppy fix is delightful.

Spent the morning cleaning the silver, including cutlery, in readiness for Christmas - that's one horrible job out of the way; perhaps as the ironing man has gone missing we could have a butler instead?!

Am in a decline now that F1 has finished for the season, and also because poor Lewis was thumped out by Hucklenburg. Exciting race though, as virtually all the races have been this year.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Fire's been lit a few hours, we have triple chocolate chip muffins and cottage pie with carrots, broccoli and cauli for tea.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Oo0oh a plate of that pie in front of the roaring fire with a glass of wine sounds so appealing.

So, Brendan and Victoria are the couple out of Strictly tonight. He should be disqualified anyway for sticking his bottom out way beyond what is necessary.!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Evening everyone

Here's the magic bottle - I had to give it a service this morning because the virtual alcohol seemed a little strong

Good to see that you are all safe and sound, and as always the puppy fix is delightful.

Spent the morning cleaning the silver, including cutlery, in readiness for Christmas - that's one horrible job out of the way; perhaps as the ironing man has gone missing we could have a butler instead?!

Am in a decline now that F1 has finished for the season, and also because poor Lewis was thumped out by Hucklenburg. Exciting race though, as virtually all the races have been this year.
Evening Sally.
Butler will he be half naked too.
I am a happy woman Michael has just sent a text he is staying at his new girlfriends tonight see I knew there was something going on. So I haven't got to tun out in the wet and cold night to get him from the station and take him early tomorrow to the station.
So I am on the red wine.
Dillon is settled at last and snoring lik a tractor.

He has been so naughty today then a little earlier he comes up on the sofa and gives me such a lovely cuddle that melts your heart and makes me wonder how I could threaten him with sending him back.
Of course that could change again tomorow.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >