View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh good grief, is that Helen wotsername for real on Im a celeb??!!

H, that professional steam iron has not even been removed from it's box!! I read the first bit of the instructions, then quietly and firmly put it out of sight in a spare room.

Losos.....funny how all the slight screwballs end up in the same place Finding our own level as it were
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2012, 08:58 PM
You've been secretly swigging from that magic bottle haven't you.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Who....me???

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

"slurp
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hahaha H you have me in tucks!
It might not have been so funny Jen if that step had of been there I can't believe just how HIGH i stepped though on something that wasn't even there I saw my leg up in the air in front of me lol!!!!

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh good grief, is that Helen wotsername for real on Im a celeb??!!

H, that professional steam iron has not even been removed from it's box!! I read the first bit of the instructions, then quietly and firmly put it out of sight in a spare room.

Losos.....funny how all the slight screwballs end up in the same place Finding our own level as it were
I haven't watched tonight's celeb, I've had the tv on so that I can rewind it all when I get into bed and that way I don't have to suffer all those numbers to ring and those never ending ads! All in all, I suppose when I've skipped through all of that I get about 10 mins of viewing!!!

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
You've been secretly swigging from that magic bottle haven't you.
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Who....me???

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

"slurp
and certainly not meeeeeeeee

Now I've got a dilema......Hunted or Celeb??? All or nothing with this tv viewing isn't it!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Evening Everyone

We spent a lovely long weekend away at the Peak District and have been very busy catching up since we got back so I have been missing Dogsey and am looking forward to catching up.

Hope everyone is well
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Evening Everyone

We spent a lovely long weekend away at the Peak District and have been very busy catching up since we got back so I have been missing Dogsey and am looking forward to catching up.

Hope everyone is well
Lovely to see you back Jane and so glad you are not one of the mutineers Did Max go with you or stay in the local doggy hotel
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Thanks everyone for your concern. Sorry I have not been around today but I cannot seem to get focussed on anything. It is rather scary and was very noisy since early this morning. Quietened down a bit during the afternoon, at least in my area, but I know other areas to the west of the Strip, a few km further south than I am, were still being hammered and it has started up again here. But now the long range Fajar missiles have hit in the Greater Tel Aviv area. Not good, not good.

It must be pretty bad as I had a telephone call earlier from the Welfare Department at the Local Authority [not my non-working, non-social, so-called Social worker who I have only seen once in the last 12 years and who never responds to voice mail] asking if I was OK, did I have someone with me or anywhere I could go, and did I need anything - food, blankets. Hmmm - during Operation Cast Lead a hot meal was delivered every day and I was given a lovely duvet!

The food was revolting and the duvet [donated by a bedding company] was delivered two weeks after everything had calmed down!

Mind you, that was when the Home Command wanted to evacuate me because this ancient bungalow offers no protection at all, but said not only could they not guarantee me a wheelchair-friendly place but I would have to leave my dog [Little One] to fend for herself.

Yeah, right.

I guess I am as safe here as anywhere in this area, but then nowhere is a safe area unless you have a security room and stay in there all the time, but as long as Pereg is OK and the sirens and boom booms do not bother her then that is all that matters, and it was extremely noisy almost non-stop this morning. I checked her freezer and apart from the whole fish, which are really running low, I am well stocked up with her raw, plus I now have a couple of kilos of courgettes, ditto sweet potatoes in the refrigerator waiting to be prepped, blanched and frozen - I did a massive chunk of pumpkin today and will do the courgettes and sweet potatoes tomorrow, and I have about 4 or 5 large packs of cut green beans which she loves in my big freezer. She and I share the veggies now it is not so hot and I actually eat a hot meal after months of salad!

My neighbour rushed in yesterday afternoon, gabbled something about not being able to stay in her home alone so was going to one of her brothers. She came back this morning to collect more clothes, came in to say she was off again and would be back on Sunday but probably not staying. I am not going anywhere - this is my home and this is where I am staying. But it is scary being totally alone with nobody to talk to.

Thanks again everyone - please pray for everyone here and all the pets and livestock.
Glad you are ok Malka.. the bit in bold made me lol you're so funny you crack me up

I am glad you are in good spirits, I think I would be in all those bombs and guns etc

If you ever fancy moving around here I would help you house-hunt etc, I love viewing houses - think I was an estate agent in a previous life

Seriously tho take care xx
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Evening all - you are probably all off to bed!!

Just got in from running errands and walk etc... bit worried about my friend in San Francisco, her little do who is a maltese and weighs about 6lbs has REALLY bad kennel cough, she has been to the vets got AB's but she has got worse and so is rushing her back to the vets today.. SO worried, she is so tiny. They rescued another dog a few weeks back who it appears was the carrier - she is fine but Heidi isn't can dogs like that die from KC? it is such a worry.

Anyway - sun was out where I walked, lovely and cold and sunny! perfickt!!

Fires roaring away now

Oh and Edited to add - so happy to hear from you Malka, you and Pereg take care xx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Evening all,

Malka, you and Pereg better stay safe, I thought of you when I heard the news. Take care.

Sorry it's so late folks. Had a bit of a day of it. Had to come home cause of an issue with Davie, I won't go into it, but it involves the police and there could be a further investigation. It's nothing he has done but is serious enough to make me sick with worry, I can't face work tomorrow cause I'm waiting for the phone call to tell me if there will be a further investigation.

Tonight cadets was really busy, my other adult brought her dog down, Tiny, who is a peedy lab/staffy cross who just loves to give big slobbery kissies to EVERYONE! She's gorgeous.

That other situation, the adult concerned has been investigated and it has come to nothing but I've been asked to go up and work with him in his detachment so he isn't on his own. I'm doing it so the kids don't lose out.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Evening DD.........what a worry about that little dog, normally I think that a strong healthy dog will recover from kennel cough okay, but young puppies and oldies are definitely more at risk of dying and I wonder if a very tiny breed such as your friend's is in the danger zone.

Good to hear that you had a lovely sunny day - miserable, grey damp and cold here

Lore, I hope that things work out okay. You certainly seem to have your hands full there.

Time for bed methinks. Night night all x
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6