View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Having just been this oh so very recently, I made the decision to not be with Maia when the vet put the needle in, Maia hated vets and fought sedation any time she had to be seen, one day it took the vets 40mins to draw blood from her.

I was so frightened that in those final moments she would fight the vet and couldn't bear the thought of my final sight of her would be her fighting the vet.

She was PTS at home, so I spent the the last few minutes lying on the floor with her while the vet prepared the barbituate, she was heavily sedated, I kissed her and hugged and told her she could go, it was her time and then my best friend pulled me away, I was sobbing, I went out into the garden, the sun was shining, and my friend came out 5 mins later to say she was at peace and that she had gone.

I don't feel any guilt at not being there in those last few minutes, she knew she was loved, and she was at home.

If I had had to go the surgery then there would be no question about staying with her.

It's a very personal choice
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6