Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bolty
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Think this may be caused by the lack of angulation, why does she have to climb stairs at all can you not put a gate across.
live in a 1st floor flat, with a gairden, but to get there is to go down the stars
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Can someone tell me why this dog has to climb stairs when we all agree it is bad for a young dog.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by bolty
live in a 1st floor flat, with a gairden, but to get there is to go down the stars
You should have thought about this BEFORE buying another dog.You made a mistake once....to make it again is not on!
Large breeds are especially suseptable to joint problems and so if your dog has to do stairs you should not own a large breed . I know its your dog/life etc but caring dog lovers put the dogs welfare first...not themselves and only own dogs that suit their likesytles and living conditions.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 04:52 PM
bolty even if you do get rid of ruby because of this she will still face stairs in another home so it will still be some thing she needs to adapt to at some point.
climbing stairs is bad for young dogs but if ruby has to go up/down them then i would walk her down to make sure she doesn't get hurt.
because she is a cross breed there is no way of telling how she will grow or take after from her parents maybe as she grows things will change.
bolty
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Can someone tell me why this dog has to climb stairs when we all agree it is bad for a young dog.
i did put up a thread about dogs and stars, people said that i would be ok with her as long as the Mrs carrys her for as long as she can and did not let her run down them, whitch has been done, she needs to go up/down the stars to get to the garden as like i have said befor i live in a 1st floor flat (the 2nd one up)
bolty
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Archer
You should have thought about this BEFORE buying another dog.You made a mistake once....to make it again is not on!
Large breeds are especially suseptable to joint problems and so if your dog has to do stairs you should not own a large breed . I know its your dog/life etc but caring dog lovers put the dogs welfare first...not themselves and only own dogs that suit their likesytles and living conditions.
the 1st dog i had was a large breed and no i did not no about dogs and stars, BUT rubys mum and dad was about average lad size witch i do not call large
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by bolty
the 1st dog i had was a large breed and no i did not no about dogs and stars, BUT rubys mum and dad was about average lad size witch i do not call large
Rubys mum and dad are BOTH classed as large breeds!!!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

10-08-2005, 04:58 PM
this thread is locked.
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6