View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tashuk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-08-2006, 02:45 PM
our khan learnt to open the doors so we went around the house turning all the handle upside down only to find within a week he learnt to open them too, we have to be really fast getting to the front door when someone knocks as he has learnt to open that too only when people knock he leaves it alone otherwise he has also taught rox the new member of the family this
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Bongo's a total feather-brain, just the way I love her :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Tally(Vizsla) has just started sleeping in my room in view of the fact the door handle is broken on the LR door and she can open the safety gate. When she wakes up in the morning she comes to my side of the bed, Nova has the other side, stands on the edge of the bed and looks at my face. If I keep my eyes closed she will sigh and go get back on her own bed, then she tries again about 10 mins later and keep on trying till I open my eyes. She never attempts to wake me though. I think that is clever(not waking me!).
BECnDIESEL
New Member!
Female 

30-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Diesel(staffy 7month) has learnt to get over the safty gate. we live on the top floor flat n wen we pop out ne where as soon as we leave the flat he jumps over the gate in2 bedroom n sitd at window so he can c us. He also sits, gives us his paw n does high 5... Not bad, jst a typical staff
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by BECnDIESEL
Diesel(staffy 7month) has learnt to get over the safty gate. we live on the top floor flat n wen we pop out ne where as soon as we leave the flat he jumps over the gate in2 bedroom n sitd at window so he can c us. He also sits, gives us his paw n does high 5... Not bad, jst a typical staff
Our staff x, we inherited recently after the death of my father in law is 11-12 years old and he can open all the doors in out house! Far too clever for his own good! And the other 3 dogs escape with him

A fleeting thought I had is, if you train your dog for agility - couldn't this lead to dogs jumping out of windows and over any other 'containing' safety measures
younglady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2006, 10:38 PM
our staff figured out how to open the front door!! he also brought me his lead this evening !
Kelly R
New Member!
Female 

21-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Our dog Penny let herself out of her crate while we were at work one day. My husband gets home before me and he could hear her running around before he opened the door. When he finally got in the house she was laying in her crate but the door was open. I'm the last one to leave and I know for a fact that both of the hinges were closed. We couldn't figure out how she did it until I talked to my neighbor. She also has a GWP and they actually sat there and watched thier dog lick the hinges until he got them opened. Smart little doggies.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 11:17 PM
This is not saying alot for my boy Cruz there is a test that you can do to see how clever your dog is
You get a towel and place it over your dog's head so he cant see and the faster they get it off the smarter they are
well I try this and nearly wet myself laughing,
Cruz would walk around the room bumping into things with the towel still on his head and after awhile would sit down and just wait for you to remove the towel then jump and tare around once the towel was removed.
give it a try and let me know how fast your dog removed the towel
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 10:11 AM
During the day I keep Tilly's crate door closed, not locked just shut. When she wants to she'll open the crate door, settle herself down then close the door behind her
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 07:38 PM
I never shut my washing machine door when it's not in use (which isn't very often) just push it together. Every time I go out to the kitchen with the washing, Lily runs up to the machine and opens the door with her nose.
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »