View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Sarah Sometimes it is better not to have a lot of 'thinking time', just let things happen.

Spencer sounds lovely and I would say the timing couldn't be better after the fiasco with Luisa . Enjoy him x
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2012, 02:40 PM
aww, he is gorgeous congratulations on your new family member can you please tell my three cats that 3am isn't play time
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Despite desperately trying to stay on your feet, I bet you were over the moon when Spencer didn't react to that other dog .

Loose lead walking is far easier to crack than dog/dog aggression. I just know you'll love your walks with Spencer once you get him steady on the lead. That boy is going to bring you just so much joy!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm a great believer in some things are meant to be.
So pleased for you all. Spencer sounds like a bouncy bundle of fun. Lucky him for finding you and vice versa I'm sure. Enjoy each other. x
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 05:32 PM
What a gorgeous boy - congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I look forward to lots more pics and hearing lots more about your new family member

LABS ROCK
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Thanks all. We walked up to meet hubby from work this afternoon and I have to say I was so glad to hand his lead over to hubby I think I'll be introducing him to the Halti for now and working on some loose leash walking. Icy conditions and a dog pulling like a train = accident waiting to happen. Passed another dog on the way back, one behaving very much like Rupert did around other dogs. No aggressive reaction from Spencer although I think given the chance he'd have rushed over to say hi.

He sounds like a typical Lab They pull like mad and want to say hi to any and every dog they see!

You may well find yourself getting to know all sorts of people in your neighbourhood now Thanks to Dexter's sociability I am now known in my local area as 'that woman with the Naughty Dog'......!!!

Oh, and don't be surprised if he also adores kids and tries to rush over to give them a great big kiss!
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Thanks to Dexter's sociability I am now known in my local area as 'that woman with the Naughty Dog'......!!!
I have the same reputation in my neighbourhood
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Congratulations Sarah. What a lovely surprise. Spencer looks lovely and I'm sure you'll have some fun times ahead. x
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
'that woman with the Naughty Dog'......!!!

Oh, and don't be surprised if he also adores kids and tries to rush over to give them a great big kiss!
I'd prefer that to that ignorant cow with the nasty dog I'm sure some think of me as thanks to Rupert

He seems to adore everyone, I had to apologise to the guard on the camp gate coz he flung himself into his arms as I showed ID He was brought up with small children and is apparently very good with them. He certainly was with the little girl who was playing with him while we were there.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I'd prefer that to that ignorant cow with the nasty dog I'm sure some think of me as thanks to Rupert

He seems to adore everyone, I had to apologise to the guard on the camp gate coz he flung himself into his arms as I showed ID He was brought up with small children and is apparently very good with them. He certainly was with the little girl who was playing with him while we were there.

He sounds JUST like Dexter!!!

Dex would greet and hug every single person who walks past us, if he could

Looking forward to some more pics
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >