Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Sorry - I forgot to ask how her leg is.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Did the vet just give you the T4 results? What about the others, or did they not do the full panel this time?

The T4 result by itself is almost meaningless. To diagnose hypothyroidism requires the full panel of tests to be done, and each result compared in conjunction with the others.
Totally agree with Malka
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2012, 01:04 PM
thanks both. Malka this was the extra test she sent off apparantley the others were normal bar one which wasn't. I need to pick up the print out when I take her insurance forms in so I'll update then, it confuses me .
Her leg is fine now, very weird I wonder if she just tweeked it.
Helena, thanks for the yoghurt tip too, they love yoghurt so will give that a go
A bit frustrating not having a definite diagnosis but as long as she is ok in herself that's fine with me.
Will be interesting to see what next months results bring.
Leesy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2012, 11:56 AM
HI, am just reading through this thread as I have just had my 14mth old choccy lab spayed 3 weeks ago and she has started with hair loss around the top of her thighs just below her tail in fact one side is very bald looking. I to was wondering if it could have anything to do with her spaying .
How is Malka doing now and has her hair loss improved any?
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 04:58 PM
That's interesting to hear.
Mya's going to be retested for thyroid at the end of the month but I've been giving her starflower oil capsules to see if they help with her fur. She's less scurfy but I can't tell if her fur loss is growing back a bit, it looks like it is in some bits but not in others, I'll keep reporting back, she's been on the starflower capsules for about 10 days now.
I'll let you know if it grows back. Interesting to hear that other peoples dogs have had fur loss after being spayed.
Tracy x
Leesy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2012, 11:17 PM
I hope the Starflower oil works , is it something you got from the vets.
Do keep us informed of her progress.
Think it is abit concerning and something the vets should warn you could happen to your beloved pet Pauline x
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by Leesy View Post
Think it is abit concerning and something the vets should warn you could happen to your beloved pet Pauline x
You can buy starflower oil in any health shop
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Leesy View Post
yes any health shop or supermarkets sell them. Hope your dog is ok and her fur starts to improve. Fingers crossed.
I will be getting the thyroid tests done at the end of the month just in case but there does seem to be some new hairs coming through, had a good look this morning
Leesy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks will have a look for the Starflower Oil to try . Good luck with the Thyroid tests, glad to hear there is new hair coming through x
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2012, 03:27 PM
just to update in case this is of use to anyone
Lots of new hair growth coming through, still on starflower oil, no scurfy bits now, coat shiney again.
She has dropped some weight, vet thinks she had a severe hormonal reaction to being spayed.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >