View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 05:30 AM
My girls get a 30min walk before I start work, then during the week at least an hour offlead/long line walking, longer if I don't have alot of work to do!

Weekends they get at least 2 hours or longer depending on if we hike, walk, beach etc.

We have a lovely big garden and they also get as much time as they like out there chasing around.. usually checking in on the chickens etc.

Rain, snow or shine this is how it is!!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Weather/time of year makes no difference for us. We had a load of dogs out tonight for a good hour and a half in the pitch dark and pouring rain. Very muddy but happy dogs
Loui usually does end up with an hour-hour and a half a day by the time he has his night time road walk but it still cuts his exercise down as the places where he can actually be off lead with us going somewhere are pretty limited tbh. In summer its much more fun as there's more places to safely go at night. Which means we can do as much at night as during the day.

So because I'm off today he has been off lead an hour in daylight and we have been through a woodland walk, he gets to run and play up and down the hill...then later he will get an hour road walk and then last thing probably 5-10 mins. So more today but then if I'm out we only have dark first thing and dark at night So he only does a couple of miles at night just now at the most but in summer time he can be doing much more than that in the evening alone. Mind you we have been working on night time leash manners a few weeks in and we are actually getting further at night than before (cos I kept having to "be a tree" So hopefully next year he will still be going pretty far in the dark )
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Ive tested all weathers with Millie except for very strong winds and snow those have yet to be tested but so far she doesnt mind going out whatever the weather ^^

Millie is very confidant on her walks now though still jumps if she ears a loud engine or door slamming which is odd considering she has no fear of fireworks what so ever!

Whats more odd is that she travels really well in cars in her crate so it all ways suprises me when things like that spook her.

this morning was windy and she was having a great time trying to catch litter that was being blown about in the wind ^__^
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Mind you we have been working on night time leash manners a few weeks in and we are actually getting further at night than before (cos I kept having to "be a tree" So hopefully next year he will still be going pretty far in the dark )
dotcom
New Member!
Male 

15-12-2011, 01:50 PM
We give Harley a 3/4 hour walk in the morning that takes you through the woods then on to a large field and back down a foot path home, thats my wife's bit, I do the same walk but backwards, sorry the other way round but as i do afternoons i meet up on the field with sometimes 8 to 10 dogs all with there owners.
I must admit he is not to keen some times but once we get started its okay.
We now never use a lead as there is only a servise road to cross and weekends i do early's and the wife afternoons so we get a change.
The only problem there is going to be is ice, i do seem to slip over easy and am not getting any younger, so maybe the garden for a short time.
It will soon be time for walkey's 3.30, just time for a cuppa.
See you over the field.
Reg
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6