Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Velvet, sorry to say this, but you have a calico, not rare, very common, they are only torbies if both the black and orange have tabby markings, so she would also have to have grey tabby where she is black, but it is very common in calicos (patchy tortires, not intermingled if you understand me??) to have tabby markings in the ginger/cream parts of their coats.
Think you will find you are mistaken, the information was supplied by folk who breed and show cats. Calico is just another name (US) for a tortie and White.

Frankly I couldn't care less if she was rare, common or otherwise, I was merely trying to make a point that "rarity" can make some folk think they can cash in on it
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I have said it before but ,,
If I mate a blue staff to a yellow lab , will i get green pit types :P..Green nose pits i will call them ...

I would make sure they are ready for St Patrick's day ..think of all the money i could make ..lol
Sure & wouldn't St Paddy his good self be turning in his grave at the very thought of it
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Dont think I am velvet particulary as the calico is almost as black where I work, torbie is a American term, but at least in the uk we have the tortie, calico, and then the torbie, which clo has one, but it is very common for calicos to show tabby in their ginger or cream but its rarer to show it in their black, which to be a true torie tabby, it has to show them in both, I use to have a Calico and I thought she was a torbie at one point to
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by marley123 View Post
she wes told by the breeder that she couldnt call her pedigree because she is 95%white
I would seriously question this "breeder" - they definitely don't know much about the Boxer breed

We dont have pedigrees for our two - that is the breeders choice, however they are very much pedigree Boxers. Their breeder supplies all White Boxer puppy owners with a history of parentage. Besides which - see below

The German Governing Boxer Breed Club have declared that White Boxers can be shown at Breed Shows - no longer excluded - they have been restored to their natural position within the Boxer World. White Boxers have been shown in Germany for the past eight plus months!!!

*With EC regulations the rest of Europe will follow suit

Boxer Club Muenchen Breed regulations. And News.

http://iwbc.webs.com/realisticwhiteboxerstudy.htm
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Dont think I am velvet particulary as the calico is almost as black where I work, torbie is a American term, but at least in the uk we have the tortie, calico, and then the torbie, which clo has one, but it is very common for calicos to show tabby in their ginger or cream but its rarer to show it in their black, which to be a true torie tabby, it has to show them in both, I use to have a Calico and I thought she was a torbie at one point to
I will let the cat breeders /exhibitors know that you think you know better than they do
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 05:21 PM
A "brown patched tabby" looks almost like autumn leaves, with patches of brown tabby and patches of red tabby. This color is also known as "torbie" because it is a tabby tortie.
http://fanciers.com/other-faqs/colors.html

Notice it mentions both colour of tabbies.

Also look so she is a tortie, or a Calico, not a torbie, but gorgeous anyways, they are one of my fav colours I have to say.

In a tortie cat, the non-red colour will be a solid colour. In a torbie cat, the non-red colour will also have tabby markings.
http://www.messybeast.com/tricolours.htm

She has tabby in her ginger, but not tabby in her black.

There is also a pattern called Torbie - that's a tortiseshell that has tabby markings, a tabby with both orange and black markings and the classic "M" on it's face.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2205247AAs2O5L

http://www.great-pictures-of-cats.com/calico-cats.html
Calico cats.

Torbie cat.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I would seriously question this "breeder" - they definitely don't know much about the Boxer breed

We dont have pedigrees for our two - that is the breeders choice, however they are very much pedigree Boxers. Their breeder supplies all White Boxer puppy owners with a history of parentage. Besides which - see below
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I will let the cat breeders /exhibitors know that you think you know better than they do
I'm not saying I know more, just that I believe her to be a calico, or a tortie, but not a Torbie, which has to have both colour tabbie in the coat to be a true torbie, I know that her type is unfornatly not rare, but your allowed to question the Boxer breeder because you know that White Boxers are pedigree, but I'm not allowed to question what you was told , anyway like I said, I'm sorry to tell you that, but she isn't a Torbie, well a true Torbie at least.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Without breed standards there would be no breeds!
Getting back on track I still stand by not being the biggest fan of breed standards, I love dogs, but don't love how the breed standards can affect them, like not being able to give birth on their own, I think that when its common in a breed to not be able to do this, it should set alarm bells ringing, and when the head can be too small for the brain, or when I see dogs that have been bred, but have loose eye sockets don't know what to call it, but it doesn't look pleasing to my eye, I don't know how it feels from theirs, because of their breed standard, so I do think that people should be breeding towards something, so that the dogs are conformed, but I do like the dogs that people are trying to breed back to how they were traditionally, which in the cases where there is people going out of their way to do, its so not breed standard as it stands today, I'll use one of the breeds I love for this, the EBT, but as it stands, although I see the reason for breed standards, I am not the biggest fan of them.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2011, 05:41 PM
'Lhamatian' (Lhasa Apso X Dalmatian) PUPPIES

now thats what i call rare
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by rough View Post
'Lhamatian' (Lhasa Apso X Dalmatian) PUPPIES