i did see your point ........although why ever did he run
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
i did see your point ........although why ever did he run
Scared?
I'm sure I would be petrified being surrouned by policemen with guns!

On a news report it said Muslims are afraid of the 'shoot to kill' policy. I'm not surprised they are, if this is going to happen!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
....although why ever did he run
Maybe he was scared *****less?

I know I would be if three guys (who were not in police uniform btw) were chasing me with a gun
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Maybe he was scared *****less?

I know I would be if three guys (not in police uniform) were chasing me with a gun

Reports of up to 20 plain clothes police officers!
I agree. I would probably run if people with guns came up to me.
I have run from the police before (I didn't do anything wrong, they were cautioning us for being stupid)
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 04:48 PM
originally posted by Inca: sky news have just said that the man who was shot.........was not one of the men seen on CCTV yesterday ....
I had a feeling this sort of thing would start happening
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-07-2005, 04:53 PM
I saw this american program once that was screened on (the even more pathetic?) ITV, anyway it was one of those cops and robbers type programs and a policeman pulled over a woman for breaking the speed limit.

She stopped and the camera in his car began to roll. She was told to get out of the car and she did, he began to question her asking her why didn't she stop, she said she didn't realise he was behind her, he didn't buy this and the tone he used was a bit 'heavy' in my opinion, anyway she was clearly scared and just begged him to leave her alone and that she just wanted to go home. He kept moving closer to her and she kept stepping back (she was clearly not comfortable with him being so close - and she wasnt hiding anything, as she had thin skirt on that was blowing everywhere) he even grabbed her arm at one point to prevent her moving back, which of course scared her even more. She finally stepped back enough times around the car to get back to her door, and she got in the car (again her actions were more 'backing away' being scared than anything else). She said again please let me go home and he did nothing to calm her down, she began to drive very slowy forward with him holdher inthe car, he then shot her in the leg.

I felt sick. How could he shoot her and how could he deal with the situation so badly? I couldn't believe someone as thick as that was representing the law and had a gun!! And on top of that it made it to a TV SHOW!!! I reckon it was more suited to evidence for a court where she should have sued him!

Anyway my point is some people are natuarlly very firghtened (and some races seem to have a higher level of that) and like Hevvur said this is now hightened, any already submissive people will 'just want to get away from danger' or any situation they find themselves in which is uncomfortable.

Now Im not trying to say that that particular guy that was shot dead shouldn't have or should have as we clearly don't yet know all the facts. But what does worry me is complacency and people being shot when actually, they might not have been any real risk at all or worse, been completely innocent.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I totally agree Azz and as someone who lives and works in London believe me at the moment people are scared. If someone had come running at me this morning in plain clothes with a gun I too would have run for my life. My mum is Irish and she got a great deal of flack when the IRA were causing mayhem so I can understand how scared these communities are. What a sad world we're living in at this present time.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by jake
What a sad world we're living in at this present time.
Agreed! For this particular bit of mayhem, I blame the blokes who planted the original bombs, which is why there were armed police around in the first place!

Azz, surrounding a guy who may well be carrying a bomb will not stop him setting it off. In these circumstances, taking him out completely and immediately is the only way to be 100% sure. Yep, it's ruthless, but then, so are the bombers. And double-tapping is the way to get it over safely and securely - it's not just indiscriminate popping, it's scientifically thought-out targetting of vital parts (skull, heart, spine etc., not to go into too much detail).
As for "human rights", well, I'm not sure any more what a "human right" is, any more, nobody ever seems to uphold them any more, other than those who think theirs have been infringed in some way

Snorri
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-07-2005, 05:15 PM
I feel for everyone living in London right now, I have friends there and worry about them, and my niece lives in Harrow! Her son is mixed race and will be growing up in London I wish the sky TVs and ITVs of this world would stop reporting in the way they do (purposely and unesscerily creating tension and fear by their sensationalist reporting styles).

BBC are much more level headed in the way they report.

It doesn't suprise me when I hear people say skynews (fox news) is aimed at the uneducated (dumbed down reporting)
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
I blame the blokes who planted the original bombs, which is why there were armed police around in the first place!
:
Some might say, they blame Tony Blair for going to war in an unjust and illegal manner, putting us in the situation to begin with

Some might say they blame george bush for dragging us (tony blair) along to get his oil pipeline

Some might say they blame the sept the 11th bombers, from which point this whole thing kick started

Some migh say they blame the USA for 'causing' sept 11th to happen, because the bombers manifested from actions the USA had taken, and they (the bombers) were responding to that

Some might say they blame religion which is twisted and perverted by those in power to create wars for their own reasons

All of those could be applied to what happened, thing is how far back and how big is this mess that we really need to look at?

its just sad

Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >