Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Pfft count me out too then.

As a responsible dog owner who loves my dogs to death I find it discusting that people could (and have) started debates on MY dogs, MY dog ownership.

It doesn't upset me as such, well it hasn't yet - but say someone doesn't know Zeke's health background, what we've been through with him and his prognosis and was to comment on the way he is treated, or how he looks then that is just unacceptable.

It's always the same people who obviously have nothing else better to do than google, preach and argue. Really gets my back up. Why let them carry on and ruin it for others.
Has anyone ever criticized your doggy pics before, if not then why take the attitude that you wont post any more?

The rule under discussion has not always bee in place, so why is removing it going to influence your "dog pics" posts.

Removing the rule, is not going to open up the flood gates of criticism, to every dog picture that is posted. in fact we probably wont see any change at all.

The ruling that stands does nto stop those who feel the need to flag something in a picture thread now, so why would it change without the rule,

I think people are being over dramatic here, declaring no more pics when there is really no reason to be .
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Somebody told me once my Akita wasn't a proper example of the breed and had a tail that he didn't carry properly lol (erm, yeah, he's a rescue who was found straying after having his back end run over, so?) then twice that I can remember something that my dog was eating and playing with in the pictures was critisised

I say 'so?' yes it doesn't really bother me but you begin to expect that sort of response which is ridiculous.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

17-07-2011, 09:41 AM
If you post a pic of your dog wearing an e.collar, someone will comment on it, if you post a pic of a dog that looks starved someone will comment on it, if you post nice pics of your dogs having fun, some one will comment on it.

So would you be happy to allow the e.collar pics to receive the same fluffy response to the nice happy pics!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

17-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Somebody told me once my Akita wasn't a proper example of the breed and had a tail that he didn't carry properly lol (erm, yeah, he's a rescue who was found straying after having his back end run over, so?) then twice that I can remember something that my dog was eating and playing with in the pictures was critisised

I say 'so?' yes it doesn't really bother me but you begin to expect that sort of response which is ridiculous.
Yet it has not stopped you posting more pics of your dogs has it, so why would it now?
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
If you post a pic of your dog wearing an e.collar, someone will comment on it, if you post a pic of a dog that looks starved someone will comment on it, if you post nice pics of your dogs having fun, some one will comment on it.

So would you be happy to allow the e.collar pics to receive the same fluffy response to the nice happy pics!
But that's different! That's cruel, a welfare issue.

Ok so there should be a rule that it's only for REAL welfare issues. Not soap box dramatics.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 09:47 AM
I couldnt care less, like I said previously if I post pictures of my lot & some-one has to make a CONSTRUCTIVE criticism about either what the dogs are doing or not doing or something they are eating which could be a health threat that I didnt know about then I think I'd be pleased to be informed about it.

I cant see the change making alot of difference in all honesty, there are only a couple of posters on Dogsey that are wind up merchants anyway, & if people do not respond to these particular posters then theyll get bored & move on..
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

17-07-2011, 09:49 AM
But that's different! That's cruel, a welfare issue.

Ok so there should be a rule that it's only for REAL welfare issues. Not soap box dramatics.
No it isn't, if the argument is that picture threads should only have nice replies, then it should stand, for ALL replies.

the point being, rules get broken all the time if someone has something to say they will say it rule or no rule, so removing the rule is going to make not one jot of difference,

Picture threads will receive the same response they do now, if they go to far, then a mod can step in, after all its their job to moderate, which they do now , if a reply to a picture thread is not warranted.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-07-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't think anyone will notice a difference ,Just keep posting pics and report offending comments in posts ...
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Doesn't it come down to common sense though when either posting a pic of your dogs or commenting on someone elses pics?

I always make sure I take Bruce's e-collar off before I post pics of him!

Someone in the last couple of days posted a lovely pic of their dog, unfortunately I didn't like the comments they posted along side the photo! As tempting as it was for me to make a negative comment, I didn't, I just didn't comment at all.

By the way I am only joking about Bruce and an e-collar!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

17-07-2011, 10:07 AM
If as you say there will not be an issue, why was the ban on discussions/debates on picture threads introduced in the first place?
It was introduced because discussions/debates were taking place on picture threads and that was upsetting people.
Page 6 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »