Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Thats just one female - living in a house hold without other females, they are known to be a very hormonal breed .. the girls can get very mardy with each other, when in and due in.. Its to be expected, I thought this was common for most breeds to be fair.
mardy yes, but mardy isnt snappy. and for daphni's first two seasons we did have another female. she was no different when the female was here to when she wasnt. and im on about going to somone elses house where they have 5+ bitches and she has had them out when one has been in season, and not one of them has ever been snappy towards a person or dog.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 01:51 PM
I've shown my bitches in season at shows with split classes but wouldn't think of doing it in a mixed class. Know of one big breeder who in the 1970's used to run around outside the ring with an in seaon bitch to perk up his dog & encourage him to move better.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Definitely not! I had Lola in for Blackpool Champ show this year and even though it was the one and only Champ show I was going to get to I didn't take her as she came into season.

I just don't think it is fair on other exhibitors with male dogs or Lola . She isn't herself when she is in heat and I don't expect her to show her best when she simply doesn't feel it.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
mardy yes, but mardy isnt snappy. and for daphni's first two seasons we did have another female. she was no different when the female was here to when she wasnt. and im on about going to somone elses house where they have 5+ bitches and she has had them out when one has been in season, and not one of them has ever been snappy towards a person or dog.
Ok I am not sure the point of this? I previously said we hadnt experienced it, but the breed was known for it.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
I've shown my bitches in season at shows with split classes but wouldn't think of doing it in a mixed class. Know of one big breeder who in the 1970's used to run around outside the ring with an in seaon bitch to perk up his dog & encourage him to move better.
I do agree with this.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Yikes. I don't like the sound of this at all. Not fair at all and not right, IMO.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Well my dog does not "start to get amourous" with bitches in season, I have superb control over him so that would not occur fortunately.

I would be MORTIFIED if my dog went up to another dog and started to molest it, if the dog was giving me signals that a bitch in heat was around, I would not allow him to get to this stage!

The same way as when my dogs indicate deer is around, they are either put on a lead or under very close control immediately.

It is about knowing your dogs at the end of the day isn't it?

If you do not have that control over your male dogs then of course it would be futile to have them at shows.

Fortunately as you do not show the situation is academic for you isn't it?
What absolute rubbish you do talk sometimes!! NO-ONE but NO-ONE can have "superb control" over their entire males around a bitch in full season, unless there is something very wrong with them, such as they are ill. The strongest and most natural desire for an entire male in any animal species ... horses, dogs, cats ... is to mate, to the point where they will ignore food and even drink for days whilst they mope around - I am referring to dogs now.

My old boy Hal would be miserable, off his food, and an absolute nightmare when a bitch in the village came into season. There is no way I would have been able to drag him off a bitch ... luckily, I never had to ... but Tai I have and can, but he is still a nightmare.

Why do you think police dogs are always castrated?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 09:14 PM
And dogs are dogs - they are NOT robots and neither should they be robot-like.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
What absolute rubbish you do talk sometimes!! NO-ONE but NO-ONE can have "superb control" over their entire males around a bitch in full season, unless there is something very wrong with them, such as they are ill. The strongest and most natural desire for an entire male in any animal species ... horses, dogs, cats ... is to mate, to the point where they will ignore food and even drink for days whilst they mope around - I am referring to dogs now.

My old boy Hal would be miserable, off his food, and an absolute nightmare when a bitch in the village came into season. There is no way I would have been able to drag him off a bitch ... luckily, I never had to ... but Tai I have and can, but he is still a nightmare.

Why do you think police dogs are always castrated?

What utter rubbish you talk sometimes, LOTS of people can have superb control over their entire males around a bitch in full season, even stud dogs.

Just because YOU cannot does not mean YOUR experience is the experience of many or all!

Schutzhund competitions are very tough and require the HIGHEST level of discipline and control and, apart from VERY few exceptions, are full of ENTIRE males, MANY of whom are used at stud and who can compete on the SAME FIELD as entire bitches are.

The fact that you are unaware of this and have never experienced this, does not make it fiction, it only exposes your lack of skiils, knowledge, ability and experience!

And as for the TOTALLY LUDICROUS statement that "police dogs are always castrated"!

I repeat WHAT ABSOLUTE RUBBISH YOU TALK!

ROFLMAO

They are in fact very RARELY castrated, and often used as stud dogs.

I can speak from personal experience as I know HUNDREDS!

Are there any OTHER totally falsified claims you would like to make for our amusement?

You do make me laugh! So thanks for that!

It does not matter if YOUR dog goes to pieces he aint shown is he?

Do you come on here specifically to expose your total ignorance?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
And dogs are dogs - they are NOT robots and neither should they be robot-like.
Do you know, I NEVER knew that dogs were not robots!

And robot like dogs do not win in the show ring!
Page 6 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »