Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Each to their own but perhaps those who spend their money on frivolous accessories that dogs neither know or care about might do well to think about how it could be donated or better used for dog welfare?
think thats a bit unnecessary. people can buy what they like for their dogs. how do you know these people dont already do their bit for animal welfare? like foster? or donate money or items to rescues.. you dont. so dont assume.
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2011, 03:18 PM
My dogs are all hounds so we have lots of lovely patterned martingale collars for walking out and matching tag collar for keeping on in the house.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 03:38 PM
i want a new collar and lead set for mine, but i dont know where to start, as im not really sure which type i want... sure i will find something soon
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Did I say 'people cannot/shouldn't buy' what they like for their dogs? Of course it's up to every and anyone what they do with their money, time, etc. And didn't 'jump in' had replied earlier. Consumer greed? A necessary and/or legal collar, harness etc. is different to the many sparkly, fluffy accessories that flood the consumer market and mean jack s**t to the dogs(get thrown into a cupboard, with handbags, shoes, clothes or whatever?). Think about it! What happened to the 'friendly' forum?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Each to their own but perhaps those who spend their money on frivolous accessories that dogs neither know or care about might do well to think about how it could be donated or better used for dog welfare?
Most of the collars i purchase are from sighthound forum auctions where the money goes towards vet and kennel costs for the rescue involved.

Either that or my friend makes them professionally and only takes the money for the materials used, all the proceeds are donated to rescues

Just to add i think Dexter is gorgeous, a lot of Dobie in there i'd say !

HTTP://www.grweshop.co.uk --proceeds to greyhound welfare

HTTP://www.collarsandwoofs.co.uk -- donates to rescues

HTTP://www.cherryhoggcollars.co.uk -- my good friends website, she only takes money for the materials and the proceeds go to greyhound and lurcher welfare, shes a fab person who spends a lot of her time doing rescue work and her collars are beautiful
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Perhaps I should engrave one for Marius with "it takes 7 men to hold me back, if you're this close you must be brave"!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 07:25 PM
What happened to the 'friendly' forum?

Yeah what happened to that friendly forum where people were chatting quite happily in a very innocuous thread about what collars their dogs had? Oh yeah - someone jumped all over trying to make people feel like rubbish for spoiling their beloved pets (guilty and proud of that one) and make themselves look better by running everyone else down.

YOU were the one who turned the thread nasty.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Most of the collars i purchase are from sighthound forum auctions where the money goes towards vet and kennel costs for the rescue involved.

Either that or my friend makes them professionally and only takes the money for the materials used, all the proceeds are donated to rescues

HTTP://www.cherryhoggcollars.co.uk -- my good friends website, she only takes money for the materials and the proceeds go to greyhound and lurcher welfare, shes a fab person who spends a lot of her time doing rescue work and her collars are beautiful
Grrrrr - do NOT need more collar links to drool over... do NOT need more collar links to drool over... need the hound for the collar to go on first...
ami_j
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post

thank you
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Grrrrr - do NOT need more collar links to drool over... do NOT need more collar links to drool over... need the hound for the collar to go on first...
oh no i feel the need to look now dont think it will be well received just bought him a load of kong toys and his drontal/frontline for the year
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Madison has a brown leather half check collar for everyday use and lots of flat collars and matching leads (pink, green,blue) for when she was at agility and for fun dog shows - she also has one with flowers sewn all over it that i made for her( in my profile pic), she only wears a bioflow collar at home.
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >