View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Having just watched the ad (dont have telly so not seen it before) i cant say i like it. I know its only an ad and the dog is only on screen for a few seconds but its a sad fact of life people believe what they see on the goggle box.

I know JL was trying for the ye old xmas feel and thought it would be natty to have an old style kennel outside. But to me it does come across as the dog being shunted outside and not really a part of the festivities.

One of the first things people ask me when they find out i am pregnant is what are you going to do with the dogs? There is increasing feeling to joe public that dogs and family do not mix. They are dirty, smelly and unhygenic (sp?) so best to get rid or set them up outside when the real family arrives. So yes while it may be a bit of an over reaction on the part of some i can really see where they are coming from.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by dreamaday View Post
the breed of dog was carefully chosen as one that is used to being outside some of the time.
HaHaHaHa the above made me laugh have they ever met a wolf hound or deer hound?? A friend of the family have one and he refuses to leave his armchair most of the time but esp if its bad weather!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Well as Michael Winner would say 'It's only an advert dear!'
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Well as Michael Winner would say 'It's only an advert dear!'
"Commercial" same thing though
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
"Commercial" same thing though
Ooops I stand corrected.......
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Ooops I stand corrected.......
Sorry - it's a habit
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-11-2010, 04:57 PM
just going to unsubscribe from this.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
One of the first things people ask me when they find out i am pregnant is what are you going to do with the dogs? There is increasing feeling to joe public that dogs and family do not mix. They are dirty, smelly and unhygenic (sp?) so best to get rid or set them up outside when the real family arrives. So yes while it may be a bit of an over reaction on the part of some i can really see where they are coming from.
Congratulations Razcox, wishing you all the best A friend has been shunned by some work collegues because wouldn't 'get rid' of her animals after having a baby. Think this is terribly sad and awful for her. Your post has brought back a memory of a sad event after I left home and lived in a flat. The man who lived at the back had a dog who was tied to a kennel by a chain. Don't know how, but it had one puppy, which I saw from the window and heard whimpering noises from Mum and pup. I knew something wasn't right and watched, the puppy wasn't suckling, so I watered down some milk and went over his wall trying to get the pup to suckle from Mum, it worked! All without the man seeing, he was not nice, although knew I had been to see the dog before and was frightened of him. A few days later he stopped me and said his dog had a pup did I want it? But my landlord wouldn't let me the man said later someone had taken it(?). I always felt bad. Despite previous post am looking at it bit differently now in some ways. Sorry to ramble n if going off topic.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
HaHaHaHa the above made me laugh have they ever met a wolf hound or deer hound?? A friend of the family have one and he refuses to leave his armchair most of the time but esp if its bad weather!
Indeed!!! There's hounds for you!! My greyhound and both lurchers will not go oustide for a wee if it's raining let alone live outside!!
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Sorry if has already come up on here but you can sign against the add on [a social network] if you want to.
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »