Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I'm not that fussed about weddings generally but have no issue with the public purse paying for the wedding, the Royals bring in a massive amount of tourism and hence revenue for the country and while they don't feature very large in my life I'd rather keep them than get rid of them. I think they earn their keep in general and at least he seems to be marrying for love unlike his parents.
That is exactly my feeling on it. Even if the tax payer is paying, it will bring in a huge amount of additional revenue.

On a slightly different note, I have just seen that he has apparently given her his mum's engagement ring. Now I never consider myself supersitious (but I guess I must be!), but given the unhappy relationship and the sad ending, I don't think I'd be happy having it as my engagement ring.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Its not really going to cost that much to have a nice royal wedding even if we are paying for it, throw one of those scrounging families out of the west london mansions for a couple of months and you'll be half way there with all the benefits you'll save from that!
whippetwatch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Totally bored with it already.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
That is exactly my feeling on it. Even if the tax payer is paying, it will bring in a huge amount of additional revenue.

On a slightly different note, I have just seen that he has apparently given her his mum's engagement ring. Now I never consider myself supersitious (but I guess I must be!), but given the unhappy relationship and the sad ending, I don't think I'd be happy having it as my engagement ring.
I am not superstitious either but confess to a shudder when I heard about the ring, I hope Diana wasn't wearing it when she died.

I am not a royalist but I wish the couple well , for all their wealth and privilege I wouldn't want to change places with any of them preferring to be poor,anonymous and free to do as I wish without scrutiny
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I am not superstitious either but confess to a shudder when I heard about the ring, I hope Diana wasn't wearing it when she died.

I am not a royalist but I wish the couple well , for all their wealth and privilege I wouldn't want to change places with any of them preferring to be poor,anonymous and free to do as I wish without scrutiny
I think it would have been returned to Charles when the marriage ended.

I love the Royals
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm with Azz here.

Snorri
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post

I thought it quite a touching gesture, he said he wanted his Mum involved and this was the only way he could feel she was there - lovely thought IMO. Just hope everyone learned from Princess Diana's problems though and give this young lady room to breathe.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hear hear

Good post, I agree, good news at last.

This country needs far more feel good news stories and what better than the engagement of our future King.

Uncalled for.

Off Topic

Do we need to sink to the level of BBC message boards

My faith in this country has been restored by the interest and support for our Royal family at the news of Prince Williams engagement.
I will chip in for the do if they are short
Great post!!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post

Those people who have posted somewhat negative thoughts above really should try living in a country which has just emerged from 45 years of 'equality' and 'communal dictate' which was what communism was. The interest in the British Royal familly was always strong here even while the communiists were in power. Now it is even stronger and I can assure you that most people are quite envious that we have a Royal family.
VERY good post indeed!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 View Post
I thought it quite a touching gesture, he said he wanted his Mum involved and this was the only way he could feel she was there - lovely thought IMO. Just hope everyone learned from Princess Diana's problems though and give this young lady room to breathe.
Agree
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Julie1962 View Post
I agree!!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm not supersticious either, but I wouldn't be happy with a second hand engagement ring from a marriage that was doomed - not a chance, regardless of whom it belonged to.
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »