View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Maybe you could hunt down the owner of the horsey thats up there..(on the hill from the Whiteadder??) and ask them what they think..I mean that horse has been there for years so they obviously do ok..(you might even gain a hacking buddy)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 06:50 PM
I love the idea of converting that barn Kirsty, he'll be nice and snug in there, away from the cold winds you must get in the winter months, and he can have his own little sheep for company in there too, coz they do like a bit of company do horses, they never like to be alone, unless they've been used to that all their lives, afterall they are herd animals, and like the company of others.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Maybe you could hunt down the owner of the horsey thats up there..(on the hill from the Whiteadder??) and ask them what they think..I mean that horse has been there for years so they obviously do ok..(you might even gain a hacking buddy)
I know who owns that horse already Louise I don't think it ever goes hacking It also spends an awful lot of time in the stable in the garden
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I love the idea of converting that barn Kirsty, he'll be nice and snug in there, away from the cold winds you must get in the winter months, and he can have his own little sheep for company in there too, coz they do like a bit of company do horses, they never like to be alone, unless they've been used to that all their lives, afterall they are herd animals, and like the company of others.
Don't worry Helen. We already own a Shetland pony who is over at William's nanna's who will probably be coming back sometime this year, or we may also get a small backed pony for Wills (and then Ben) to ride, so mine will have company Of course there are always lots of sheep, but I thought it would be better for mine to have a horsey friend of his own
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Only an hour from me Everywhere is a trek from up here

Thanks for your experience Gnasher. I have already been warned about laminitis and also obesity Where I live that shouldn't be too much of a problem Any pics of your ponies please?
I'll try !! I really struggle with this PHotobucket thingey, but I have succeeded in the past, so will try again ... but don't hold your breath!!
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6