Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Update:

Well I've had two sessions of physio now and I thought things were improving but sadly they're not. It seems the damage in my leg is much more severe than they first thought and I've just been told I need to stop my exercises immediately and go for full rest for two weeks.

I have plantar fasciitis (inflammation of the tendon sheaths in my foot). I then have two small tears in my Achilles tendon, which apparently could rupture at any time. On top of that I also have a stage 3 (severe) strain of the Gastrocnemius (upper calf muscle) which is torn in several places.

I can walk, slowly, but no more than 1/4 mile a day, driving is OK, but again only for short distances.

The total healing time is still going to be about three months.

So, if I could please have a few more healing vibes, as well as alot more tea & sympathy I'd be most grateful ;o(
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 06:53 PM
That's such a pain. No longer walks over the summer months, i really feel for you. Hope you 'repair yourself' without surgery though
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Sorry to hear this. Can you hire one of those mobility scooters maybe?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Aaawww Em that is bad news. You are going to be sooooo fed up.
There again you have the summer ahead to sit out in the garden and sun bathe!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
That's such a pain. No longer walks over the summer months, i really feel for you. Hope you 'repair yourself' without surgery though
It's odd. Until now I took my dog walks for granted but never realised just how much a part of my life they are. I miss it so much. Good focus to have to heal though!

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Sorry to hear this. Can you hire one of those mobility scooters maybe?
I will if I need to go shopping etc (rare) but the main thing is the dog walks that I miss Claire.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Aaawww Em that is bad news. You are going to be sooooo fed up.
There again you have the summer ahead to sit out in the garden and sun bathe!
If we get the weather. It's not set to go above 10 degrees this weekend. Crazy country.

Thanks for all well wishes though xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the update Em (Post 51) and I'm so sorry that it's not going to be as quick as you hoped. Yes, I'm sending you lots of sympathy, bucket loads of tea, and as many biscuits as you can eat but I fear that the only cure is what the quacks have said, short walks and lots of rest. Time to catch up on some of those books you always wanted to read
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Thanks for the update Em (Post 51) and I'm so sorry that it's not going to be as quick as you hoped. Yes, I'm sending you lots of sympathy, bucket loads of tea, and as many biscuits as you can eat but I fear that the only cure is what the quacks have said, short walks and lots of rest. Time to catch up on some of those books you always wanted to read
That's what I've decided to do today Harvey. Instead of moping about longing for long walks with my boys I'm going to write a list of all the things I enjoy that don't involve too much standing or walking.

So far I have -

1. Tackle my sewing pile (all of Woody's salvageable toys).
2. Plan my herb garden and plant it.
3. Read the 4 books I have waiting for me.
4. Watch all my favourite west end musicals and sing along at the top of my voice as if I'm on stage.
5. Challenge myself further with my culinary skills and make dishes I've never felt brave enough to do before (like sushi).

I'm sure I could think of more but am very open to suggestions??
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Excellant list and what about :-

6 - Log into Dogsey and chat to everyone

BTW I like No. 2 please tell us what you are growing and I'll pass it on to OH who is always trying various herbs.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Excellant list and what about :-

6 - Log into Dogsey and chat to everyone

BTW I like No. 2 please tell us what you are growing and I'll pass it on to OH who is always trying various herbs.
What does she like most Harvey?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
What does she like most Harvey?
Basil, Thyme, Majoram, Rosemary, Chives & Parsly

I just told her I didn't think Parsly was a herb but she just gave me her usual reply (Which forum rules prohibit me from from repeating )
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >