View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Dogs with kids fine, i have two kids but have also had a bad experience and ended up having to have my dog pts (and the dog had been trained at behavioural classes). However much you trust the dog as has been said on other threads, they should always be supervised and not left alone together as said
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Dogs with kids fine, i have two kids but have also had a bad experience and ended up having to have my dog pts (and the dog had been trained at behavioural classes). However much you trust the dog as has been said on other threads, they should always be supervised and not left alone together as said
I am sorry you had a bad experience which ended in your dog being pts

Why say this though? - "Perhaps people should think before having dogs with very young children".

I agree that some people shouldn't have dogs or children, never mind the two mixed together - but you will never stop irresponsible people.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Moobli - those pics are horrendously cute! Is there a dogs and kids thread already? If not you have invent one!

GreyhoundK - of course children should be supervised around dogs. They should also be supervised around toddlers, cookers, plugs, cleaning equipment etc etc. That`s what bringing up children is all about - protecting them from harm until they`re big enough to look after themselves. Unfortunately people now have got so far divorced from common sense that they tend to assume that animals are straight out of Disneyworld.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks Claire - glad you liked them A dogs/children photo thread is a great idea.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Yes i agree, people have humanized dogs and i meant maybe people should think more about having dogs and young children together (ie not leaving them unsupervised) sorry my wording was wrong.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Yes i agree, people have humanized dogs and i meant maybe people should think more about having dogs and young children together (ie not leaving them unsupervised) sorry my wording was wrong.

Ahh I see Totally agree with that!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Very true...unfortunately a lot of parents now think it`s everyone else`s job to care for their children.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6