View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 06:06 PM
I agree with Pidge - i mentioned earlier and i think Pidge agreed with me then that why do people have to nationalise everything ? this thing with England and Scotland ? i agree with what was said about the reverse situation - do they donate to England and Wales ? perhaps they want to keep it exclusively to Scotland ? SNP ?????

OK shoot me..............
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Don't get me wrong, I think the RSPCA are bang out of order for doing this and should be punished for misleading advertising (perhaps to the tune of £1.25m to the SSPCA?), but I do thinking there will be a small percentage that wont mind where the money goes as long as it's for the animals.

Saying that I am one of these naive people who still feels that we are Great Britain, not Scotalnd and England and Wales so had the money been going to France I would see it differently so I can understand how the scots would feel about this.

Hope that makes sense ;o)
If It were a uk charity it wouldnt really matter,

but alas the English have been sucking Scotland dry for years, if its not oil, its our money for homeless dogs, at least they are up front about the oil and so on, but its a tad sneeky with the rescue funds....
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think the RSPCA are bang out of order for doing this and should be punished for misleading advertising (perhaps to the tune of £1.25m to the SSPCA?), but I do thinking there will be a small percentage that wont mind where the money goes as long as it's for the animals.

Saying that I am one of these naive people who still feels that we are Great Britain, not Scotalnd and England and Wales so had the money been going to France I would see it differently so I can understand how the scots would feel about this.

Hope that makes sense ;o)

If none of the animals in Scotland needed help then I wouldn't mind helping any other country but sadly that's not the case
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 06:12 PM
why don't we just go all the way back to William Wallace while we're at it !!!! Scotland do very well out of the English government if you want to get political
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post

To insist they carry out no ad campaign's in scotland at all is very unreasonable as how can they control national media such as cable or sky channels?
Well, you can't get much farther out of England and into Scotland than here, but I have SEEN the RSPCA collecting outside our local Tesco in Kirkwall. I noticed because I had only just found out about the difference a few days beforehand.

Personally, I don't donate to either - my meagre contribution goes to Blue Cross.

Snorri
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
If none of the animals in Scotland needed help then I wouldn't mind helping any other country but sadly that's not the case
That's a very good point. I think that's the trouble. There does seem to be this "them and us" thing and that's why it's necc to have two separate similar charities.

I think it's a shame. But as said before RSPCA need to pay that money back imo.

Now, I would LOVE to visit Scotland one day so who has a spare room and a love of nutso, adoring Springers? ;o)
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2009, 06:24 PM
For me, the issue is more that people thought they were donating to Scottish funds and really nobody told them otherwise. Obviously helping the animals is the priority but I think people should at least have the choice to donate to either their own area/country or nationally to somewhere else.

For example - I would be more likely to buy things and take them to my local rescue or donate money there, i'd hate to think however that the money wasn't actually going to where I chose to donate it to.. whether that be in Scotland or not.

Deedee x

p.s. Pidge - Woody is so cute you could bring him to visit any time! Me and Hamish (nutter spaniel) would be delighted!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
why don't we just go all the way back to William Wallace while we're at it !!!! Scotland do very well out of the English government if you want to get political

WAHEY......FREEDOM... lol
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Now, I would LOVE to visit Scotland one day so who has a spare room and a love of nutso, adoring Springers? ;o)
Well I have the room and love nutty springers.

Unfortunately Hoki & Stumpy don't share my enthusiasm for them - they have enough of my brothers ESS who they meet a couple of times a year and they would be mortified to have to share their house with one . But you never, know, maybe one day
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 09:19 PM
DeeDee, we've packed our bags ;o)

Hali, we'll be by just for a quick cuppa then x

xx
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >