View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Im mixing it with a complete dry puppy food just because it doesnt say its designed for puppies. I want to make sure he is getting all the nutrients a growing pup needs which is why i mix it plus i also would like to eventually move him off the chappie and onto the complete dry food my other two are on (he currently has the puppy version). Perhaps you could feed Georgie later in the morning? I find Quinn doesnt like to eat as soon as we get up for some reason so they all wait until i am up, showered, dressed and had my breakfast before they have theirs. x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks Kristina, it's not particularly early when I offer it to him though, we've had a walk, I've been up since 6 am. he's normally hungry by 9 am. but he hasn't seemed at all interested in breakfast lately. I'm wondering if because I just feed him the Chappie straight, he's got a bit bored with it, but then by the evening or if I've mixed some of our human lunch in with it, he woofs it down! Tuna should have done the trick this morning with it, but he didn't want to know I just wondered whether it should be mixed with an actual mixer or something? I realise what you're doing coz of your puppy, but maybe others mix their Chappie with some mixer or something else? I'm using the tinned original, so I think tomorrow Imight get some of the chicken and rice one and see what happens with that for breakfast!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Could you put him on one meal a day Helena? I've found my two prefer eating later in the day rather than in the morning.

It's not always the case though - sometimes they follow me round the kitchen in the morning with big eyes and hungry noses
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 03:14 PM
That might just be my answer Sarah He used to get 3 meals a day, just because I HAD to feed my other girl little and often, so he had to fit in with us at the time, but now she's left, maybe I could try him with that because he seems very hungry in the evening, so much so that I split his evening meal into 2 because Iknow he'll want something else by 8pm and I don't want to stuff him with gravy bones or treats!

He hasn't actually eaten more than a mouthful all day today, so tonight I will give him 2 small meals around 5 and 8 and see what happens. If not, then I'll have to try the chicken and rice one or start putting something tasty in his Chappie! He still loves it though, don't get me wrong, he'd eat it without anything added, I was just thinking I was doing it wrong by not mixing biscuits with it or something?
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Where can you buy Chappie complete? I've seen the tins around but not the complete.
mandydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-06-2008, 03:20 PM
If you Google it, it comes up with a number of sites from which you can order it.
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2008, 03:34 PM
As you live in Lancashire is the a Jollyes near you? They sell it.

I have to admit I use it now and again when monies are low and my dogs really thrive on it.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by sallyinlancs View Post
Where can you buy Chappie complete? I've seen the tins around but not the complete.
The likes of Asda and Tesco round here dont sell the Complete which i'm surprised about, I get mine from a pet shop (Kennelgate). Have you tried supermarkets such as Sainsbury's, Morrisons etc?
charliegirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2008, 04:40 PM
The majority of the smaller independant petshops I have been in also sell it.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 05:03 PM
P@H do it hun its £15.00 just under for a 15kg sack.
i mixed chappie in with my dogs evening meal they have both flav and they scoff the lot not bad tums the next day either not like some of the others i have tried.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >