Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Hiya
Max looks a lovely dog and well done for taking him out of a horrible situation. I can't help with what breed he is though, lab/staff cross?
Mine are currently fed on Wafcol Salmon and Potato which is a good food for dogs with allergies. They have also been fed on CSJ Champ which Freddie did very well on and it's under a tenner for a 15kg sack.
Tracy x
scorpiowoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Because it is against the law to have a dog that is a pitbull or of pitbull type in the UK. He could be seized by the police. What I would do is make sure you comply with all aspects of the DDA with regards to insurance, microchipping and muzzling in public then less questions will be asked.
Becky
OK OK LETS THROW THE CAT AMONGST THE PIDGEONS !!!!

IF THIS DOG IS ILLEGAL WHY HAS HE GOT A TATTOO ON HIS INSIDE BACK LEG?

I WILL TELL YOU WHY BECAUSE HE HAS ALLREADY BEEN SEIZED BY THE POLICE ONCE IN HIS LIFE, ( FYI I HAVE ALLREADY BEEN TO THE POLICE ) AND THEY ARE AWARE THAT I AM THE NEW OWNER OF THIS DOG SO YOU ALL CAN REST YOUR CASE ON THAT ASWELL.

NOW THIS IS WHERE I AM CONFUSED BECAUSE DOGS WITH THESE TATTOES COME WITH PAPERS SO HOW DID THE ORIGINAL OWNER GET THIS DOG BACK FROM THE POLICE????

I WILL TELL YOU WHY ! THE POLICE AND THE RSPCA ARE RUBBISH

i do not want to talk about this anymore it is too complicated for all you show people to understand and i feel i do not have to explain myself to the whole world i came on for advice and i get pessimistic asnwers from 75% of you i wish you all the best

Rachael.
scorpiowoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Fred&Mya'smum View Post
Hiya
Max looks a lovely dog and well done for taking him out of a horrible situation. I can't help with what breed he is though, lab/staff cross?
Mine are currently fed on Wafcol Salmon and Potato which is a good food for dogs with allergies. They have also been fed on CSJ Champ which Freddie did very well on and it's under a tenner for a 15kg sack.
Tracy x
thks very much will give him a try on the Wafcol i have heard good things about the chicken and corn one

regards
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli
Because it is against the law to have a dog that is a pitbull or of pitbull type in the UK. He could be seized by the police. What I would do is make sure you comply with all aspects of the DDA with regards to insurance, microchipping and muzzling in public then less questions will be asked.Becky
Becky I understand that this dog along with hundreds of others could be called of the type but what I don't understand is the comment shown in bold, can you explain how this would help please. It is my understanding that all the requirements pertaining to dogs listed in the DDA list long since ended, am I wrong?
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 12:47 PM
shelters put tattos on thie inside of the back leg here they call it a neuter tatt it can trace the dog to the origin of the shelter,each shelter has a different tatt
scorpiowoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Staffy crosses can be deemed 'of type' so that wont help, the fact that you got him from what would appear to be a dog fighter then the chances are he has a high % of pitull in him and it is far better to play safe than end up with him being seized and stuck in a secret kennel somewhere until the courts decide what he is and whether you can have him back.
Becky
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MAX HE GT SEIZED BY THE POLICE TAKEN TO A SHELTER AND KEPT THERE UNTIL THEY WORKED OUT WETHER HE WAS DANGEROUS OR NOT BECAUSE IF HE WAS AGGRESSIVE THEY WOULDHAVE OUT HIM TO SLEEP THERE AND THEN.

BUT WHY DID THE PREVIOUS OWNER GET HIM BACK THIS IS WHAT I CANNOT WORK OUT AND EVEN IF THE DOG WASNT AGGRESSIVE WHY DID THE OWNER WAANT HIM BACK????

THIS IS WHAT I MEAN BY COMPLICATED , I AM SORRY TO GET YOU INVOLVED I SHOULD HAD NEVER OF CAME ON HERE.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Don't be silly we are here to be involved and we are unlikely to agree with one another as that is the way of the world.

If the dog has been in the hands of the police already then it probably means someone reported it as being a Pitbull or of the type or they just did not like the dogs owner and decided to cause trouble - the police picked it up and decided it was not a dangerous animal and returned it to it's rightful owner. They can't just take a dog and PTS even if you or someone else thinks it may be dangerous or on the DDA list, even dog owners have the right of a court case and one would think in this case the police decided it was not a dangerous dog so would not spend loads of the taxpayers money to take the matter to court.

It would have to be the man who had the complaint made against him and he would have to have been found guilty before the police could refuse to return the dog to him.

PS please take the caps lock off as some people think of it as shouting and consider it rude - I just find it hard to read.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I hope you stick around, I would like to hear how Max is settling in and updates on his health etc, I'm sure others feel the same and we'd like to get to know you too
Chin up hun, you've done a wonderful thing rescuing Max
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 01:48 PM
We get a few people on here who, shall we say, don't tell the truth and your story seems very far fetched. You claim you got him from a man who fights dogs yet you didn't know what breed he is or may be. Now you're saying that he is an ex-DDA dog has been registered to go on the register then the man who fights dogs got him back after paying out for the dog to comply with the DDA register, which isn't cheap, there is no way a dog fighter would bother to do that, they don't see dogs as pets but a commodity, if the police seized the dog it is highly unlikely a dog fighter would bother with it, he'd just move on and start again.
I find it all rather bizarre.
Becky
horses01466
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2008, 02:55 PM
hi rachael...
I think you are a star,
well done for helping the animal, he seems a lovely boy
I am not going to try and analyse your story, or decide whether its truthful, or not
on the face of what you say, its difficult, obviously you know the condition of the other animals, and if they re so bad, im sure you will report them to the police, etc,
As for feeding, definitely little and often. i feed pedigree chum, complete, and my dogs really like it.
I hope he turns out to be a great friend to you, and i too would love to hear how he gets on,
Best of luck XXX
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >