Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2011, 01:36 PM
not my thing either.
ninabean
New Member!
Female 

08-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Just got back from a walk in the wind & rain with my pink/white CC.
Before we went we had to decide what colour coat,collar & lead to choose, from over 50.
My dogs do act like 'normal' dogs with running in the muddy ditches and rolling in foxs poo.
I am a vet & have no problem with dyeing their hair I think the poodle art is amazing. Like people not every dog has sensitive skin, I have another CC which I do not put dye on because of her skin.
Better a VERY loved dyed dog than an ill treated 'normal' one.
Next job - to decide what colour PJ's for them to wear tonight, xx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 04:32 PM
I think all of us have our little idiosyncrasies don't we?

There are those on this forum who dress their dogs up. (Do the dogs have a say in it, do they look like a prat to some)?

Those who make little houses with curtains and matching upholstery. (Does the dog care? Does it have "at homes" for other dogs to admire their soft furnishings?

Those who make personalised toys (dogs cannot read so who cares)?

Those who agonise of the colour/type/make of their dog beds, collars, leads, harnesses (Do the dogs care?)

Those who make or buy advent calendars for their dogs (do dogs understand Christmas)?

Those who make and or buy Christmas presents, ditto as above.

ALL of these things are done for OUR pleasure and entertainment NOT the dogs.

So perhaps everyone who does any of the above should stop doing it to, as to some it will look foolish?

Why must everything be so serious? I personally do not do any of the above, but that does not mean I think it is wrong for others to do it if it brings THEM pleasure and they want to spend their money on these things. That is up to them.

The dyes used on dogs are vegetable dyes and are used on day old chicks for Easter etc, they wash out and are harmless.

Anyway, it gives some people a lot of pleasure and others yet another opportunity to "tut tut", purse their lips and shake their heads.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
WHY?

dont see the problem with it. if the dog likes being groomed, then its a great bonding experience for the dog and owner as the dog gets so much one to one time being stroked and groomed and petted... the dye is harmless and washes out...

i love seeing the grooming things like this
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Little Molly would love the pampering as well, but could you imagine the piss that poodle will have taken out of her when she is down the park............

Oh, No, she doesn't go out for walks........ or does she?????

Mine love running through the dead leaves and muck.....

Can't see the pink poodle doing that, can you?

Let a dog be a dog.....
im sorry but i think this is highly judgmental?

all because a dog has a colour on it? things like this grate on me because i get these sort of comments ALL the time with my dogs.. when they are ready for shows... no they dont look muddy or look like they are walked because they have just been GROOMED. no dog comes away from a groom looking muddy or well walked...

here are my two ready for a show...

do they look like they should live in a handbag, dont get walked... probably... just to prove because they are very well groomed and believe it or not still live like a dog...

dont presume you know everything from a picture
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
I am taking it from the whiter than white pomeranian (sp)? that poodles about in the park isn't allowed on the grass, isn't allowed to sniff other dogs, etc.......

I wasn't saying that every dog that enters the show ring doesn't behave like a normal dog.....

But do you walk round the park in your wellies with a pink poodle SB?

Come on???????
no she doesnt cos she doesnt own a pink poodle

id walk about with a pink poodle
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I often feel that people who do such to dogs should have got a doll instead. The poster above is just one of many that own the same breed as me, yet like to dress them up, dye them, carry them round in bags.. see where I am going?

Dogs are dogs for god sake, what do they get out of such? Nothing...Its done for human entertainment!
i do not agree with a dog being put in a handbag.. but like the poster you are referring to, whats the problem if the dog enjoys the grooming and attention, like she said its still walked in parks and woods, so it seems to be well looked after?
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2011, 06:14 PM
I think there's a huge difference between something done for a practical reason, using suncreams, stripping out dead undercoat, trimming coats to stop tangles, burrs, snowballing etc, to decorating your dog, the latter is done for the benefit of the human, and imo to the detriment of the dog. I think it's demeaning to try and decorate a dog to that extreme, and dangerous for people who don't understand about correct grooming/dying etc, who might see a photograph and give it a go at home.
EllaP
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Looks like candi floss! Each to their own I suppose
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Why else have poodles if not to pamper, love and adore

as echoed by others their is no reason why dogs cant have funky hair colours if the die does no harm to them.

Better a groovy hair colour then a horrible matted coat that shows no love or respect.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >