View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Sending positive vibes your way. Have you expressed your concerns about heavy metal poisoning as you need to find out why it's happening?
Becky
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Keeping Milo and you in our prayers xx
Hope they find the root cause and it can be easily treated.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Vet rang a little while ago.
Milos heart scan was ok. It showed the murmer but he doesn't think it will be anything to worry about so thats a relief.
His scan on the abdomen showed nothing everything looked good so he is as I type under a general anesthetic to have an endoscopy to see if that shows where he is bleeding from.
Now although I don't want anything awful to be found , its worrying me that this will reveal nothing also. So then what will I do as he can't live the rest of his life having these bleeds and being so ill.
The vet said I can pick him up tomorrow morning as it may be a bit late by the time he comes properly out of the anesthetic for me to make the journey today.
I can't wait to have him home but I want him well it breaks my heart to see my lad so poorly. If this shows nothing I suppose I will just be left to get on and manage him best i can, but as he was he is existing not enjoying quality of life.
I am in such a turmoil right now.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Poor you, it just seems never ending for you, I know what you mean about wanting them to find the cause at least that way they can treat it. As Becky says have you told them about your suspicions about the mercury/heavy metal...might be worth mentioning, it can't do any harm.

Hoping you get an update again later. Sending healing vibes to Milo and hugs to you x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Yes I mentioned that but he brushed it aside saying aenemic dogs for some reasons eat soil and have a very strong attraction to it.
I have to admit that Milo does only eat it when he is aenemic. When he has been well he doesn't touch it.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Vet rang a little while ago.
Milos heart scan was ok. It showed the murmer but he doesn't think it will be anything to worry about so thats a relief.
His scan on the abdomen showed nothing everything looked good so he is as I type under a general anesthetic to have an endoscopy to see if that shows where he is bleeding from.
Now although I don't want anything awful to be found , its worrying me that this will reveal nothing also. So then what will I do as he can't live the rest of his life having these bleeds and being so ill.
The vet said I can pick him up tomorrow morning as it may be a bit late by the time he comes properly out of the anesthetic for me to make the journey today.
I can't wait to have him home but I want him well it breaks my heart to see my lad so poorly. If this shows nothing I suppose I will just be left to get on and manage him best i can, but as he was he is existing not enjoying quality of life.
I am in such a turmoil right now.
Hi Bev the endoscopy may reveal something . Try not to think too far ahead until you get the full results of the tests . Lets do one bit at a time..

Whatever the outcome the vets may have a new strategy to deal with Milo once various options are ruled out.
Think positively, one day of him being away has already gone and he will be home again soon. xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 07:01 PM
ENDOSCOPY RESULT

The vet rang this afternoon. Milos endoscopy had shown a lot.
He said the stomach and intestine was very red, inflamed and lumpy and as they tried to get the endoscope past these bits it made it bleed.
He has taken some biopsies and sent them off but we won't have the results of those till around the middle of next week.
He said Milo must have been and still will be in quite a bit of discomfort from all that inflamation and soreness. That made me realise what a brave little boy he has been as he would still play fetch with Shady in the garden and still came on little walks with me and wanted to, he just got tired quickly with the aenemia, so we kept it short.Any way I am picking him up at 11.30 tomorrow morning (can't wait) and they are changing his food to this tinned Eukanuba which he said is a different protein source so it may help also he will have medication to come home with to try and line his stomach and protect it.
Now we just have to hope the biopsey results will give us more information, otherwise we could be stabbing in the dark and not getting very far with helping him.
I can't wait to give my brave little boy a big cuddle and lots of kesses tomorrow.
Bet he will be glad to get out of there after all he has been through.
Thankyou all so much for your support you have really helped me more than you realise.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Aww Bless him....I'm so glad you can bring him home tomorrow, and I hope once they get the results they can make Milo better forever. Thinking of you and Milo still x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Aww Bless him....I'm so glad you can bring him home tomorrow, and I hope once they get the results they can make Milo better forever. Thinking of you and Milo still x
Thankyou. So do I so much.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Goodness me you & Milo have gone through the mill haven't you?

You're right, he has been one brave lad - bet you can't wait to get him home and spoil him rotten.

Fingers crossed for good results from the biopsies, what a huge worry for you to go through

Big hugs xxx
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >